Latest topics
» wholemega fish oil
Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:49 am by Guest

» noclegi wroclaw centrum
Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:20 pm by Guest

» dabki noclegi
Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:46 pm by Guest

» Yoga Bound Mind Body Medicine
Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:03 pm by Guest

» укладка волос на средни
Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:30 am by Guest

» hotele turcja opinie
Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:51 pm by Guest

» ilawa pokoje do wynajecia
Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm by Guest

» tuna fish oil
Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:19 am by Guest

» new online casino games
Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:03 am by Guest

Affiliates
Amnesty International
------------
Second Life
 
Log in

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 16 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:17 am

100% Free topic (for any random thoughts and messages)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

100% Free topic (for any random thoughts and messages)

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:23 pm

Welcome to the forum, I invite chairs to open topics to post news of their work and keep us all updated.

This topic can be used for general talk that does not concern other sections of this forum Wink

Enjoy!


Last edited by Zack Preminger on Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Something that helped me

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:56 pm

Hey everyone.. I just felt like sharing something with you that has really helped me in the past, as I was raised by evangelical parents.

I believe that some of you may also be from christian families, having trouble to deal with it. Some may have stopped believing, others still do, but may face some personal issues because of it.

Please feel free to reply to this post and to comment on it.


What the Bible Says - And Doesn't Say - About Homosexuality
by Rev. Mel White, co-founder of Soulforce

A Biblical response to the question people often ask... "How can you consider yourself a Christian when you are also gay?"

In this 24-page booklet, Mel White puts forward these eight premises:

1. Most people have not carefully and prayerfully researched the Biblical texts used by some people to condemn God's lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender children.
2. Historically, people's misinterpretation of the Bible has left a trail of suffering, bloodshed, and death.
3. We should be open to new truth from Scripture. Even heroes of the Christian faith have changed their minds about the meaning of various Biblical texts.
4. The Bible is a book about God. The Bible is not a book about human sexuality.
5. We miss what these passages say about God when we spend so much time debating what they say about sex.
6. The Biblical authors are silent about homosexual orientation as we know it today. They neither approve it nor condemn it.
7. The prophets, Jesus, and the Biblical authors say nothing about homosexual orientation as we understand it today. But, they are clear about this one thing. As we search for truth, we are to "Love one another."
8. Whatever some people believe the Bible seems to say about homosexuality, they must not use that belief to deny homosexuals their basic civil rights. To discriminate against sexual or gender minorities is unjust and un-American.


LIKE YOU, I TAKE THE BIBLE SERIOUSLY!

Many good people build their case against homosexuality almost entirely on the Bible. These folks value Scripture, and are serious about seeking its guidance in their lives. Unfortunately, many of them have never really studied what the Bible does and doesn't say about homosexuality.
To read the HTML version: http://www.soulforce.org/article/homosexuality-bible-gay-christian
To get the PDF file: http://www.soulforce.org/pdf/whatthebiblesays.pdf
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Believe in God, and not in what people have written a long time ago...

Post  Guest on Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:17 am

I heard a danish priest say that he believes in God, and not the bible that was written a long time ago by different kinds of people, and that did get stucked in my mind...

God is Love, and all kinds of Love is great!!!
cheers

Zack Preminger wrote:Hey everyone.. I just felt like sharing something with you that has really helped me in the past, as I was raised by evangelical parents.

I believe that some of you may also be from christian families, having trouble to deal with it. Some may have stopped believing, others still do, but may face some personal issues because of it.

Please feel free to reply to this post and to comment on it.


What the Bible Says - And Doesn't Say - About Homosexuality
by Rev. Mel White, co-founder of Soulforce

A Biblical response to the question people often ask... "How can you consider yourself a Christian when you are also gay?"

In this 24-page booklet, Mel White puts forward these eight premises:

1. Most people have not carefully and prayerfully researched the Biblical texts used by some people to condemn God's lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender children.
2. Historically, people's misinterpretation of the Bible has left a trail of suffering, bloodshed, and death.
3. We should be open to new truth from Scripture. Even heroes of the Christian faith have changed their minds about the meaning of various Biblical texts.
4. The Bible is a book about God. The Bible is not a book about human sexuality.
5. We miss what these passages say about God when we spend so much time debating what they say about sex.
6. The Biblical authors are silent about homosexual orientation as we know it today. They neither approve it nor condemn it.
7. The prophets, Jesus, and the Biblical authors say nothing about homosexual orientation as we understand it today. But, they are clear about this one thing. As we search for truth, we are to "Love one another."
8. Whatever some people believe the Bible seems to say about homosexuality, they must not use that belief to deny homosexuals their basic civil rights. To discriminate against sexual or gender minorities is unjust and un-American.


LIKE YOU, I TAKE THE BIBLE SERIOUSLY!

Many good people build their case against homosexuality almost entirely on the Bible. These folks value Scripture, and are serious about seeking its guidance in their lives. Unfortunately, many of them have never really studied what the Bible does and doesn't say about homosexuality.
To read the HTML version: http://www.soulforce.org/article/homosexuality-bible-gay-christian
To get the PDF file: http://www.soulforce.org/pdf/whatthebiblesays.pdf
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 100% Free topic (for any random thoughts and messages)

Post  Guest on Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:56 pm

ExplorerBallinger wrote:I heard a danish priest say that he believes in God, and not the bible that was written a long time ago by different kinds of people, and that did get stucked in my mind...

Cool, if only all pastors and priest could also think this way Smile
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 100% Free topic (for any random thoughts and messages)

Post  Amanda Shinji on Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:32 pm

Zack Preminger wrote:
ExplorerBallinger wrote:I heard a danish priest say that he believes in God, and not the bible that was written a long time ago by different kinds of people, and that did get stucked in my mind...

Cool, if only all pastors and priest could also think this way Smile

I love the line from 'A Letter from God to Man', by Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip that reads:

"and I want to set things straight with homosexuals right now: I DON'T HATE YA!"

It's a very powerful track, the full lyrics can be read here Very Happy
avatar
Amanda Shinji


Back to top Go down

Re: 100% Free topic (for any random thoughts and messages)

Post  Guest on Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:29 am

This one for the guys !
made by 2 cute french brothers




This one for the girls !



Last edited by Zack Preminger on Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 100% Free topic (for any random thoughts and messages)

Post  Rimpoche Kiama on Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:54 am

Please take note most fundamentalist Christians need spell checker for posters.

Judgement
not Judgment


The lord forgives you, and so does Mavis Beacon.

_________________
If you believe you can or cannot do something, you are right!
avatar
Rimpoche Kiama
SP10 Presiding Chair


Back to top Go down

I kissed a girl

Post  Guest on Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:37 am

I KISSED A GIRL (GIRL AND BOY VERSIONS)

Girl version


Boy version (parody of the original song)
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 100% Free topic (for any random thoughts and messages)

Post  Rimpoche Kiama on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:04 pm

I'd like two....in case I break the first one. ;o)

_________________
If you believe you can or cannot do something, you are right!
avatar
Rimpoche Kiama
SP10 Presiding Chair


Back to top Go down

Re: 100% Free topic (for any random thoughts and messages)

Post  Guest on Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:19 pm

CALL ON ME (ORIGINAL + GAY VERSION)

Original


Gay version
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 100% Free topic (for any random thoughts and messages)

Post  Guest on Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:23 am







avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 100% Free topic (for any random thoughts and messages)

Post  Guest on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:37 pm

A short film against homophobia:

avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 100% Free topic (for any random thoughts and messages)

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:35 pm

That's one way a coming out can happen:

avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 100% Free topic (for any random thoughts and messages)

Post  Guest on Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:12 pm

AIDS PREVENTION ANIMATION

"Live long enough to find the right one. Protect yourself."

avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 100% Free topic (for any random thoughts and messages)

Post  Guest on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:12 pm

If you're not offended by Japanese humor, watch this Very Happy :















avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 100% Free topic (for any random thoughts and messages)

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:19 am

AND TODAY'S THEME IS...
...I WISH I WAS GAY !










avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 100% Free topic (for any random thoughts and messages)

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:18 am

Go grandma !!! Very Happy



Love this clip !
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 100% Free topic (for any random thoughts and messages)

Post  forshare on Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:31 pm

avatar
forshare
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 100% Free topic (for any random thoughts and messages)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum