Latest topics
» wholemega fish oil
Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:49 am by Guest

» noclegi wroclaw centrum
Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:20 pm by Guest

» dabki noclegi
Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:46 pm by Guest

» Yoga Bound Mind Body Medicine
Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:03 pm by Guest

» 
Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:30 am by Guest

» hotele turcja opinie
Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:51 pm by Guest

» ilawa pokoje do wynajecia
Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm by Guest

» tuna fish oil
Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:19 am by Guest

» new online casino games
Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:03 am by Guest

Affiliates
Amnesty International
------------
Second Life
 
Log in

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 16 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:17 am

SP10 Committee Meeting Minutes July 19, 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SP10 Committee Meeting Minutes July 19, 2009

Post  Anden Tolsen on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:31 am

Second Pride 2010
Committee Meeting Minutes July 19, 2009
12:00 PM SLT SP Headquarters


Committee Members:
Present: Rimpoche Kiama, Anden Tolsen, Kiroja Fluffy, Stryker Jenkins, Marcus Steeplechase, Kefir Lamont, and Keokipele Ansar

Others Present:
EagleWoman Lightfoot and Vixus Snowpaw

PROCEDINGS:

Meeting was called to order at 12:00pm SLT by Rimpoche Kiama, Presiding Chair

Anden Tolsen MOTIONED that the minutes from the previous meeting be approved. Marcus Steeplechase OBJECTED and submitted amendments. The following were amended to the Second Pride Committee Minutes 07/12/09.
-Marcus and Kefir came to the agreement that Security will continue to have full lists of performers/DJs and access to media severs like previous year. Departments will work together to ensure that miscommunication incidents like previous years will not happen again.

-Marcus introduced information about DJ World, an in world group that has over 200 DJs. However, as Kiroja pointed out, this group is does not represent all of the DJs within the LGBTF community.

- Marcus will be working on a way to make sure that as many DJs as possible can apply to play at Second Pride events regardless of their group(s).

All amendments to the previous minutes have been approved and updated.

Presiding Chair Report
- Rimpoche shares his thoughts in regards to certain individuals running for the Marketing and Advertising Chair and clears up all false rumors that were circulating.

Stryker Jenkins MOTIONED that we move all discussion about Ambassadorships to email format and to always consult the Charter when needed. Marcus Steeplechase second. Passed in favor unanimously.

Old Business
Second Pride Website
-Isaiah Tolsen presented a prototype website that could be used along with current Second Pride forums.
- Isaiah Tolsen explains that sub-domain or child domains may be added at not additional cost because the Second Pride organization already owns the domain, and to his knowledge their are no additional fees to adding sub-domains.
-The prototype was created through a new application within the Google website and explains to the committee that there are no cost/fees to setup if the Committee decided to go live.
-Isaiah reviewed the benefits to the organization if the committee decided to move forward with this prototype.
-Isaiah walked the committee page by page of the prototype, highlighting the fact it is very user-friendly and does not require extensive website knowledge or maintenance.
-In response to Strykers' question about cost, Isaiah responded that there is no cost because we just need to update the DNS record.
-Committee needs to find out if current Domain Registrants, godaddy.com, charges for adding sub domains.
-Stryker poses more questions to Isaiah and the committee. These questions will be posted in the forums for detailed answers.

Marcus Steeplechase MOTIONED that all technical questions be moved to the forums for further discussion. Anden Tolsen second. Passed in favor unanimously.

Second Pride Logo
-Stryker announced the top 5 logos and displayed the winning logo to the committee. Once a "slogan" has been agreed on it will be added to the logo.
-Stryker stressed that the property and copyrights of the logo belong to the Second Pride Avatar. All Committee members and users of the logo must use it with the intellectual properties in mind.
- Stryker shares the financial information regarding Logo uploads. There were a total of 15 logos uploaded. Stryker has sponsored the amount for the transactions. $210 Trans#1778195376
- Rimpoche Kiama is to request a written statement from Shawn Mission, owner of SP AV, in regards to copyrights.

Stryker MOTIONED that the Committee makes a commitment to protect the intellectual properties and copyright of images produced. Vote has been tabled to next meeting pending written agreement from Shawn Mission.


Second Pride 2010 Charity
-Stryker shared that it may be wise to have a charity that has an in world presence.

Keokipele Ansar MOTIONED that the Charity for the Second Pride Festival 2010 be Amnesty/OUTfront. Marcus Steeplechase second. Passed in favor unanimously.


SP10 Kiosk
- Stryker informed the committee that he will use the basic scripts and look from the previous year with some minor adjustments.
-Stryker has added a sponsor logo sign and plans to discuss with Nava Muni to implement the mail list feature.
-In response to Keokipele's question about the textures being limited to 6, Stryker responded that, from past experience 6-8 is the most effective amount.

_________________
Anden Tolsen
Secretary (Co Chair), SP 2010
andentolsen@secondpridefestival.com
www.secondpride.com
avatar
Anden Tolsen
SP10 Secretary (Co-Chair)


Back to top Go down

SP10 Committee Meeting Minutes July 19, 2009 (cont)

Post  Anden Tolsen on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:34 am

-Eaglewoman requested that there be a thermometer style donation kiosk to have on stage with DJ/Performers.
-Stryker informed the committee that with the given scripts in the current prototype, having a secondary kiosk would not be possible.
-Rimpoche asked if it is possible to have the donations go from the thermometer to the SP AV automatically.
-Stryker stressed the importance of having one system in place as it directly effects the accounting of all donations.

Rimpoche MOTIONED that the discussion of having a secondary system aka "thermometer" be moved to the forums. Keokipele Ansar second. Aye: 5 Neigh: 1 No Vote: 1. Passed 5:1.

SP10 Theme
-The committee discussed several general theme/motto's for SP10
-The team came to an agreement that we were only discussing the general them for the festival and not the theme of the builds itself.
-Rimpoche is to meet with Marcus in regards to the same sex marriage ceremonies at the festival.

Rimpoche Kiama MOTIONED that further discussion of the SP10 theme be moved to the forums. Marcus Steeplechase second. Passed in favor unanimously.

SP10 Dates
- Stryker informed the committee that the dates are selected purposely to avoid RL Holidays and other major SL events hosted by LL.
-Rimpoche is to meet with LL to confirm any events occurring around our "planned" SP10 dates.
-Vixus shared that Emerald users are able to submit their own posts at log in. She will contact LordGreg for more information.
-Further discussions of the dates have been tabled to the next committee meeting.

August Event
-Marcus informed the team that the event will be August 22nd.
- The event will include a cast of approximately 25, 7 DJs, 2 Emcees, and two sims need to be rented for 3 days.
- The Build Chair does not need to be involved, as Marcus already owns all the builds that will be used for event.
-Marcus has requested the help from the rest of the committee to assist with marketing and getting the word out about the event.
-Keokipele has volunteered to do press releases and get the word out to SL media, groups, XStreet Event Forums, and SL Event listing.
-Marcus is to meet with Kiroja to get names of DJs in the interest of a more complete set.
-Rimpoche is to deliver contact information for CTV Canada, CNN US, and BBC to Keokipele for release.
- Rimpoche is to contact LL in regards to renting the sims for the August event.

Parade

Rimpoche MOTIONED that this discussion be tabled to the next committee meeting. Stryker Jenkins second. Passed in favor unanimously.


New Business
Second Pride Groups


Stryker MOTIONED that the Second Pride Festival group is opened up to the public and that all members in previous group are transferred over. Keokipele Ansar second. Passed in favor unanimously.

-Rimpoche is to create the roles within each group for the committee.
-Keokipele will be sending notices to all members via SP09 Festival group to rejoin the permanent group.
-Rimpoche, Stryker and Keokipele are to meet and finalize the tag/roles for the Second Pride Festival Group
- The committee discussed the creation of additional groups for each department.

Rimpoche MOTIONED that any Chair requiring a group for their department will contact Rimpoche and it will be created by the SP AV. Keokipele Ansar second. Passed in favor unanimously.

-Stryker informed the committee any transaction made to the SP AV needs to be accompanied with a note card with full transaction information.


Anden Tolsen MOTIONED remaining agenda items be tabled and the meeting adjourn for the day. Stryker Jenkins second. Passed in favor unanimously.

Next meeting August 2, 2009 11am SLT
Minutes Submitted by Anden Tolsen, Secretary

_________________
Anden Tolsen
Secretary (Co Chair), SP 2010
andentolsen@secondpridefestival.com
www.secondpride.com
avatar
Anden Tolsen
SP10 Secretary (Co-Chair)


Back to top Go down

SP10 Committee Meeting Dialogue July 19, 2009

Post  Anden Tolsen on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:43 am

Second Pride 2010
SP Committee Meeting Dialogue July 19, 2009
12:00 PM SLT SP Headquarters

[12:01] Rimpoche Kiama: I call this meeting to order. Very Happy
[12:01] Stryker Jenkins: I can do the title change tonight as long as I know into what
[12:01] Rimpoche Kiama: Sweet Stryker THanks!
[12:01] Rimpoche Kiama: kk Welcome everyone!
[12:01] Marcus Steeplechase: just Events
[12:01] Stryker Jenkins making a note
[12:01] Kefir Lamont: like me
[12:02] Kefir Lamont: grr, am lagging a bit
[12:02] Kefir Lamont: sorry
[12:02] Rimpoche Kiama: Let's begin as we did last week with a moment of silence to remember where we came from, where we're going, and to be mindful of where we are now and what we intend to accomplish.
[12:02] Vixus Snowpaw: hello everyone
[12:02] Rimpoche Kiama: Hey vixus, have a seat. Smile
[12:02] Vixus Snowpaw: hmm gotta change avatar, seats will transform me into a jet
[12:03] Vixus Snowpaw: not easy being a decepticon. Wink
[12:03] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok let's switch the agenda around slightly....just slightly......is it the pleasure of the committee to adopt the minutes previous as read?
[12:03] Marcus Steeplechase: just 1 or 2 corrections
[12:03] Rimpoche Kiama: ok
[12:04] Marcus Steeplechase: it says i'l work with Kiroja for security
[12:04] Marcus Steeplechase: and i think it should say Kef
[12:04] Kiroja Fluffy: does it? hadn't even noticed
[12:04] Rimpoche Kiama: Congrats on your promotion Kiroja, and sorry to loos eyou Kefir. :O)
[12:04] Rimpoche Kiama: noted.
[12:04] Marcus Steeplechase: lol
[12:04] Kefir Lamont: lol
[12:04] Kefir Lamont: well thanks for havin me...
[12:04] Vixus Snowpaw: Hello, good to see everyone again
[12:05] Kiroja Fluffy: sorry kef, I'll try to do a good job at it
[12:05] Kefir Lamont: i am sure you will Razz
[12:05] Marcus Steeplechase: it also says: -Marcus introduced information about DJ World, an in world group that has over 200 DJs. However, as Kiroja pointed out, this group is limited to a certain type/style and dont necessarily represent all of the LGBTF community.
[12:05] Rimpoche Kiama: also noted.
[12:05] Marcus Steeplechase: not sure what "limited to a certain type/style" means.
[12:05] Rimpoche Kiama: I think it means they don't like brahms?Very Happy
[12:06] Marcus Steeplechase: i think the point was, not every DJ in SL is represented by this group
[12:06] Rimpoche Kiama: kk
[12:06] Kiroja Fluffy nods
[12:06] Kefir Lamont: Yes that is correct
[12:06] Anden Tolsen: yes
[12:06] Rimpoche Kiama: w/b vixus
[12:06] Kefir Lamont: and the thing with Marcus and Kiroja should of been abut the DJ stream setup over the sims
[12:07] Rimpoche Kiama: noted.
[12:07] Rimpoche Kiama: Anything else?
[12:07] Marcus Steeplechase: yes, and finding a way to make sure that as many DJs as possible can apply to play at SP events
[12:07] Anden Tolsen: Thank you everyone for the corrections. The minutes will be updated.
[12:07] Marcus Steeplechase: regardless of their group or groups
[12:08] Rimpoche Kiama: I see Eagle's logged on!
[12:08] Rimpoche Kiama: Voila!
[12:08] EagleWoman Lightfoot: hehe
[12:08] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok so my opening remarks today are going to be short.
[12:08] Kiroja Fluffy: hey eagle
[12:08] EagleWoman Lightfoot: hey all
[12:09] Marcus Steeplechase: heya eagle! and a belated "hi" to Vixus!!
[12:09] Vixus Snowpaw smiles warmly. Hello EagleWoman
[12:09] Rimpoche Kiama: But I wanted to share that there's been some confusion regarding Madison and her position here....so...
[12:09] Rimpoche Kiama: This is rumour control.
[12:09] Rimpoche Kiama: For those of you who dont' know, Madison resigned her position and involvement with pride in an IM with me rather than meeting with me and Kefir to resolve some issues that had come up.
[12:09] Rimpoche Kiama: Now, she wants back in.
[12:10] Kiroja Fluffy: she had a position?
[12:10] Rimpoche Kiama: Now the other thing you all may not know is Madison has a history of saying what she wants to get what she wants. She had apparently wanted/had a position as an ambassador.
[12:10] Rimpoche Kiama: Anden had a borrage of IM's...and I gather that he wasn't the only one?
[12:11] Kefir Lamont: No..
[12:11] Stryker Jenkins raises hand
[12:11] Kefir Lamont: i have recieved notecards and such
[12:11] Rimpoche Kiama: myes stryker.
[12:11] Keokipele Ansar: Smile
[12:11] Kiroja Fluffy: nope, she signed up for buildteam tho', tho' I'm not aware she's a builder
[12:11] Rimpoche Kiama: Interesting!
[12:11] Kefir Lamont raises his hand to mention something
[12:12] Keokipele Ansar: she signed up for membership staff as well . .
[12:12] EagleWoman Lightfoot: and event staff
[12:12] Kiroja Fluffy: signed up for everything I guess
[12:12] Rimpoche Kiama: Wow.
[12:12] Vixus Snowpaw: but not security?
[12:12] Rimpoche Kiama: Stryker you had a comment?
[12:12] Stryker Jenkins: I would like to make a small correction to what Rim said... She was not apparently an ambassador. All former chairs have the right to an ambassador ship !
[12:13] Rimpoche Kiama: Thanks. myes what he said. Smile
[12:15] Kiroja Fluffy: out of curiosiity of what you're talking about, do rephrase and elaborate
[12:15] Rimpoche Kiama: I suggest that we allow the process to continue because it is my experience that those that practice a route of dishonesty, no matter how good their intentions, always end up having to be accountable for their actions.
[12:16] Rimpoche Kiama: And Madison as a matter of fact has on more than one occasion been dishonest with me.
[12:16] Rimpoche Kiama: And as I also said, I will tolerate a lot of things, but I will not suffer dishonesty.
[12:17] Rimpoche Kiama: My feeling is that Madison will not last here people....and in the scheme of things....
[12:17] Stryker Jenkins: As long as she has not hurt Pride directly there is not much we can do. However if she does hurt pride we can take her ambassador ship away using the charter as a guide
[12:17] Rimpoche Kiama: Stryker raises a good point, and we should keep that in mind.
[12:17] Kefir Lamont: do we not have to vte if we choose to remove an ambassador?
[12:18] Stryker Jenkins: yes
[12:18] Kefir Lamont: as chairs of our committee
[12:18] Rimpoche Kiama: Now I want to be very clear here...this is not a witch hunt people. She's brought this and put it in our laps.
[12:18] Kiroja Fluffy: she's been with pride for 3 years as i understood it, she has a right to ambassador ship, i see no reason to deny her that
[12:18] Vixus Snowpaw: Indeed Kiroja
[12:18] Rimpoche Kiama: And I also want to be clear. You all belong here. And I have faith in all of you!
[12:18] Rimpoche Kiama: This was basicly the root of my comments last week.
[12:19] Kiroja Fluffy: I'd also like to add that plotting behind someone's back strikes me as dishonest
[12:19] Rimpoche Kiama: I wanted to clear the air and put this on the table so that if there was any confusion there wouldn't be.
[12:20] Rimpoche Kiama: Guys it basicly boils down to that it's already taken 20 minutes up of our time....and I think I'm not alone in thinking I'd rather be planning events? Very Happy
[12:20] Rimpoche Kiama: We have to make this go away.
[12:20] EagleWoman Lightfoot: yay, events!
[12:20] EagleWoman Lightfoot: lol
[12:20] Rimpoche Kiama: So I need two things.
[12:20] Rimpoche Kiama: I need to know if there are any issues as of right now with me and what's happening here.
[12:21] Keokipele Ansar: none from me
[12:21] Rimpoche Kiama: And I need to know that we're united in what we're doing (I think I know the answer to that one).

_________________
Anden Tolsen
Secretary (Co Chair), SP 2010
andentolsen@secondpridefestival.com
www.secondpride.com
avatar
Anden Tolsen
SP10 Secretary (Co-Chair)


Back to top Go down

SP10 Committee Meeting Dialogue July 19, 2009 (cont)

Post  Anden Tolsen on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:45 am

[12:12] Vixus Snowpaw: but not security?
[12:12] Rimpoche Kiama: Stryker you had a comment?
[12:12] Stryker Jenkins: I would like to make a small correction to what Rim said... She was not apparently an ambassador. All former chairs have the right to an ambassador ship !
[12:13] Rimpoche Kiama: Thanks. myes what he said. Smile
[12:15] Kiroja Fluffy: out of curiosiity of what you're talking about, do rephrase and elaborate
[12:15] Rimpoche Kiama: I suggest that we allow the process to continue because it is my experience that those that practice a route of dishonesty, no matter how good their intentions, always end up having to be accountable for their actions.
[12:16] Rimpoche Kiama: And Madison as a matter of fact has on more than one occasion been dishonest with me.
[12:16] Rimpoche Kiama: And as I also said, I will tolerate a lot of things, but I will not suffer dishonesty.
[12:17] Rimpoche Kiama: My feeling is that Madison will not last here people....and in the scheme of things....
[12:17] Stryker Jenkins: As long as she has not hurt Pride directly there is not much we can do. However if she does hurt pride we can take her ambassador ship away using the charter as a guide
[12:17] Rimpoche Kiama: Stryker raises a good point, and we should keep that in mind.
[12:17] Kefir Lamont: do we not have to vte if we choose to remove an ambassador?
[12:18] Stryker Jenkins: yes
[12:18] Kefir Lamont: as chairs of our committee
[12:18] Rimpoche Kiama: Now I want to be very clear here...this is not a witch hunt people. She's brought this and put it in our laps.
[12:18] Kiroja Fluffy: she's been with pride for 3 years as i understood it, she has a right to ambassador ship, i see no reason to deny her that
[12:18] Vixus Snowpaw: Indeed Kiroja
[12:18] Rimpoche Kiama: And I also want to be clear. You all belong here. And I have faith in all of you!
[12:18] Rimpoche Kiama: This was basicly the root of my comments last week.
[12:19] Kiroja Fluffy: I'd also like to add that plotting behind someone's back strikes me as dishonest
[12:19] Rimpoche Kiama: I wanted to clear the air and put this on the table so that if there was any confusion there wouldn't be.
[12:20] Rimpoche Kiama: Guys it basicly boils down to that it's already taken 20 minutes up of our time....and I think I'm not alone in thinking I'd rather be planning events? Very Happy
[12:20] Rimpoche Kiama: We have to make this go away.
[12:20] EagleWoman Lightfoot: yay, events!
[12:20] EagleWoman Lightfoot: lol
[12:20] Rimpoche Kiama: So I need two things.
[12:20] Rimpoche Kiama: I need to know if there are any issues as of right now with me and what's happening here.
[12:21] Keokipele Ansar: none from me
[12:21] Rimpoche Kiama: And I need to know that we're united in what we're doing (I think I know the answer to that one).
[12:21] Kefir Lamont: only complaint i heard is you snore in your sleep...
[12:21] Rimpoche Kiama: HA! Smile
[12:21] Stryker Jenkins: lol
[12:21] Rimpoche Kiama: Eagle's lying, she snores.
[12:21] Rimpoche Kiama: erm..
[12:21] EagleWoman Lightfoot: O.O
[12:21] Kiroja Fluffy: I have no issues with you
[12:22] Kiroja Fluffy: I am confused about what's happening here tho'
[12:22] EagleWoman Lightfoot: do not and I'll deny it to my grave
[12:22] Marcus Steeplechase raises hand
[12:22] Rimpoche Kiama: K Marcus!
[12:22] Kiroja Fluffy: maddi has a right to be an ambassador, she has the right to sign up, every chair has the right to deny her involvement, I see no problem
[12:23] Marcus Steeplechase: my feeling is that this should have gone under new business, and more general. such as "how do we deal with a member of SP who is possibly out to ause trouble"
[12:23] Marcus Steeplechase: i find this al a bit to personal
[12:23] Marcus Steeplechase: *cause
[12:23] Rimpoche Kiama: Can I further suggest on those notes we move this discussion to the e-mails?
[12:23] Rimpoche Kiama: And we keep each other informed. Yes?
[12:24] Marcus Steeplechase: as long as it isn't personal
[12:24] Rimpoche Kiama: No, it's not.
[12:24] Rimpoche Kiama: ANything further on that?
[12:24] Stryker Jenkins: we may want to discuss in the emails if the charter gives us enouth hold to deal with those issues
[12:25] Stryker Jenkins: and maybe get back on the chater in a few weeks time
[12:25] Stryker Jenkins: (was a motion)
[12:25] Marcus Steeplechase: second
[12:26] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok y'all know what to do!
[12:26] Rimpoche Kiama: Yea or nEa?
[12:26] Rimpoche Kiama: Y
[12:26] Stryker Jenkins: y
[12:26] Marcus Steeplechase: Y
[12:26] Anden Tolsen: y
[12:26] Kefir Lamont: y
[12:26] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok. Thanks people.
[12:26] Keokipele Ansar: y
[12:26] Vixus Snowpaw: y
[12:26] Kiroja Fluffy: I'll await info in e-mail
[12:26] Rimpoche Kiama: Let's hope that was our hiccup for the year.
[12:27] Rimpoche Kiama: And remember!
[12:27] Stryker Jenkins: lol
[12:27] Rimpoche Kiama: Keep it real. ehhe
[12:27] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok next!
[12:27] Stryker Jenkins: Hoooo!
[12:27] Rimpoche Kiama: We have a presentation about building a front porch.
[12:28] Rimpoche Kiama: And while we're waiting to set up....
[12:28] Rimpoche Kiama: I need to escape to the lavatory for emergency proceedures (strike that from the record) brb
[12:32] Isaiah Tolsen: Good Afternoon everyone, First, I would like to thank RIM for giving me this opportunity to share with you an idea I have on making the Second Pride website more user friendly. While the existing website is great for its collaboration functionality, it severely lacks simplicity. The idea here is to have a more simplistic website for your "average Joe" to ascertain basic information. Something that is easily navigateable
[12:32] Isaiah Tolsen: I am not proposing discontinuation of the existing secondpride website, only to add to it. The existing website (from here on out I will refer to it as the forums), is fabulous and I believe beneficial to the second pride committee as well as for registered members.
[12:33] Isaiah Tolsen: The site I am about to show you was created at no cost through Google Sites. It is a very new feature to Google. I hope that I do not get anyone lost in the technical terms. The website you are about to see would become http://www.secondpride.com. The current site would be changed to http://forum.secondpride.com. forum.secondpride.com is what's referred to as a sub-domain or child domain. The committee already owns and pays for the domain secondpride.com. By owning this domain, you can have as many child domains as you wish at no additional charge. i.e. www. is a child domain. It is as simple as pressing a few buttons and modifying the CNAME record.
[12:33] Isaiah Tolsen: The beauty of using sites.google.com, aside from its no cost is you can invite people to modify the website, similar to how Google docs work. Therefore, in theory the entire committee could have access to modify the website without any special software needed on their computer. In addition, it has to be one of the easiest websites to build and maintain. I guarantee you, you do not need to know or understand one bit of technical mumbo-jumbo in order to maintain it.
[12:34] Isaiah Tolsen: Disclaimer: The logo you see on the site is a logo out of the proposed new ones that I thought would fit best with the overall look and feel of this website for this demonstration. I realize you have not yet selected a final logo.
[12:34] Isaiah Tolsen: With that being said, let us dive in. You may either follow along with my slides in world, but it may be easier for you to pull up the live page. http://sites.google.com/site/secondpridesl
[12:34] Isaiah Tolsen: Page 1 - The homepage. This will be the very first page people will see when they go to www.secondpride.com. It contains all of the basic information regarding second pride. I used a lot of existing language from the current site, but also added to it for visual effect. If the committee decides to go this route, it will be up to you on what specific language to list
[12:35] Isaiah Tolsen: Page 2 - Upcoming Events. This page will list all of Second Prides upcoming events. You would put in a brief description about the event and post a downloadable flyer for people.
[12:35] Isaiah Tolsen: Page 3 - Get Involved - This page contains a list of subpages that users could reference if they were interested in becoming a sponsor, vendor, member, etc
[12:36] Isaiah Tolsen: Page 4 - Board of Directors - This page lists the current and past years Second Pride Committee members and explains how the Democratic process works here at Second Pride. You will notice at the top there is a link to "Roles and Responsibilities of each Chairperson". This subpage lists just that.
[12:36] Isaiah Tolsen: Page 5 - Event Photos - self-explanatory. You could put pictures and videos from events on this page.
[12:36] Isaiah Tolsen: Page 6 - Our Vendors - This page would list all of Second Pride's Vendors. You would also list on this page information for people on how to become a Vendor of Second Pride.
[12:37] Isaiah Tolsen: So for example you could place a link in this page to the Get Involved page
[12:37] Isaiah Tolsen: don't have to do double work
[12:37] Isaiah Tolsen: Page 7 - Our Sponsors - Same concept and idea as Vendors
[12:37] Isaiah Tolsen: this list you see there is a spreadsheet i copied and pasted
[12:38] Isaiah Tolsen: so if you already keep a list. it takes a few clicks everytime someone new is added
[12:38] Isaiah Tolsen: Page 8 - This page would list all of Second Pride's ambassadors
[12:38] Isaiah Tolsen: Page 9 - Our Members - Same concept and idea as vendors and sponsors
[12:38] Isaiah Tolsen: Page 10 - List would contain a link to the forum logins (the existing forums)
[12:39] Isaiah Tolsen: Page 11 - Financial Reports - Here you can post your monthly financial statements. If you use a Google spreadsheet, it would be as simple as 1 2 3
[12:39] Isaiah Tolsen: You will see in the next two slides, just how easy it is to modify the site. The first slide shows how to insert a page and the different types of pages to choose from. The second slide shows the many insert options available
[12:39] Isaiah Tolsen: this is how to insert a new page
[12:39] Isaiah Tolsen: give it a name, and choose your type
[12:40] Isaiah Tolsen: this provides you with various options on things to insert into your pages
[12:40] Isaiah Tolsen: In closing, the site you see here is a quick design I did in about 1 day for this demonstration. I feel it provides people with a very easy to use website that contains all the basic information about Second Pride and is a great marketing tool to get SP information out there in a professional, business oriented user friendly layout. Lastly, it is not a site that is owned by any one person. So in future years, new committee members can easily modify it. Again, I thank you all for having me here today. At this time, I will open the floor up to any questions.
[12:40] Stryker Jenkins raises hand
[12:40] Isaiah Tolsen: yes
[12:40] Stryker Jenkins: ok... you have to know I was a webdesigner myself...
[12:41] Isaiah Tolsen: ok
[12:41] Stryker Jenkins: and the question is about the renaming of the domain name... you say it's at no cost
[12:41] Isaiah Tolsen: correct cause your just updating the DNS record
[12:41] Stryker Jenkins: but did you check who and where there domain is registrerd?
[12:41] Isaiah Tolsen: SP owns secondpride.com which points to an IP address. Just change what IP that points to
[12:42] Isaiah Tolsen: i believe it is godaddy.com

_________________
Anden Tolsen
Secretary (Co Chair), SP 2010
andentolsen@secondpridefestival.com
www.secondpride.com
avatar
Anden Tolsen
SP10 Secretary (Co-Chair)


Back to top Go down

SP10 Committee Meeting Dialogue July 19, 2009 (cont)

Post  Anden Tolsen on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:46 am

[12:42] Stryker Jenkins: and if that is at all posible with the coupeld forum site
[12:42] Isaiah Tolsen: zack should know all of that
[12:42] Vixus Snowpaw: http://www.whois.net/whois/secondpride.com
[12:42] Marcus Steeplechase raises hand
[12:42] Vixus Snowpaw: anonymous registration
[12:43] Isaiah Tolsen: yes, when you login to your domain account at godaddy, you can add as many subdomains as you want. So you could have a forums.secondpride.com and a secondpride.com that both point to different locations
[12:43] Isaiah Tolsen: Registrant: Domains by Proxy, Inc. Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com) Domain Name: SECONDPRIDE.COM
[12:43] Kiroja Fluffy: all we need to know for this scheme is if godaddy offers the option to create subdomains and doesn't charge for it
[12:44] Isaiah Tolsen: they do..all domain registrants do
[12:44] Isaiah Tolsen: you take www for example
[12:44] Kiroja Fluffy: I worked an an ISP, we charged for subdomains
[12:44] Isaiah Tolsen: it in itself is a subdomain of secondpride.com
[12:45] Stryker Jenkins: ok... something we can find out I guess
[12:45] Isaiah Tolsen: well you need to gather that information from the previous committee
[12:45] Rimpoche Kiama: Marcus, you had a question?
[12:45] Marcus Steeplechase: well, it wasn't technical....
[12:45] Marcus Steeplechase: are we finished with technical?
[12:46] Stryker Jenkins: for now
[12:46] Rimpoche Kiama: hehe go ahead. Smile
[12:46] Marcus Steeplechase: ok isaiah...
[12:46] Marcus Steeplechase: I just want to send you a big kiss. Finally something that doesn't look like hamburger helper.
[12:46] Rimpoche Kiama: Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Very Happy :p Very Happy :p Very Happy
[12:46] Isaiah Tolsen: :-D
[12:46] Marcus Steeplechase: ;>)
[12:46] Isaiah Tolsen: TY
[12:46] EagleWoman Lightfoot: LOL
[12:46] Rimpoche Kiama: It looks good doesn't it guys?
[12:46] EagleWoman Lightfoot: very nice Isaiah, ty
[12:46] Keokipele Ansar: second the kiss and the comment
[12:46] Marcus Steeplechase: lol keo
[12:46] Isaiah Tolsen: It just has always been frustrating to me as a member to obtain information
[12:46] Kiroja Fluffy: it does look good
[12:47] Marcus Steeplechase: how do we proceed?
[12:47] Stryker Jenkins has a few more (obvious) questions
[12:47] Isaiah Tolsen: what i like about this route, is anyone can update it. no special software required on any one persons computer
[12:47] Kiroja Fluffy: question about the working of google's site maintenance
[12:47] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok Stryker you want to go first, Kiroja after?
[12:47] Vixus Snowpaw raises a paw
[12:47] Rimpoche Kiama: lol then Vixus. Very Happy
[12:47] Stryker Jenkins: I think Kiroja is thinking of the same thing
[12:47] Rimpoche Kiama: kk
[12:48] Stryker Jenkins: who is going to do the setup.
[12:48] Kiroja Fluffy: might, let's hear it Razz
[12:48] Stryker Jenkins: how do we link the look and feel of the google site to the forum site... Who is going to do that?
[12:48] Stryker Jenkins: who get rights to maintain / fill the site?
[12:48] Stryker Jenkins: are we sure there are no hidden cost?
[12:48] Isaiah Tolsen: well i would assume you would appoint someone on the committee to do it
[12:49] Stryker Jenkins: 1 person? or can multiple do that?
[12:49] Marcus Steeplechase raises hand
[12:49] Rimpoche Kiama: Marcus
[12:49] Marcus Steeplechase: I would like to make a motion...
[12:49] Isaiah Tolsen: none to my knowledge. And even say godaddy requires a payment for a subdomain, i know for a fact register.com does not. and it doesn't take much to move registrants
[12:49] Isaiah Tolsen: multiple people can modify it
[12:49] Isaiah Tolsen: just as you do with google docs
[12:49] Rimpoche Kiama: May I suggest we set up a forum for questions and table this for a week or two?
[12:50] Marcus Steeplechase: now that we had a great presentation, i propose the committee discuss it, and invite technical and other discussions on the current forums
[12:50] Vixus Snowpaw gives her paw to Isaiah.
[12:50] Rimpoche Kiama: We have a lot to get through today people. And this is exciting but! lol
[12:50] Anden Tolsen: I second
[12:50] Marcus Steeplechase: yes rim
[12:50] Keokipele Ansar: aye
[12:50] Isaiah Tolsen: anden and I have godaddy for our dominionestates website. I just logged in and checked. I can add another sub domain at no additional cost
[12:50] Rimpoche Kiama: k are we agreed?
[12:50] Marcus Steeplechase: y
[12:50] Anden Tolsen: Yes
[12:50] Kiroja Fluffy: my question ties in with that, can the site be split up in sections maintained by different people, like restrict parts so not EVERYONE can change it
[12:50] Keokipele Ansar: aye
[12:50] EagleWoman Lightfoot: y
[12:50] Kefir Lamont: y
[12:50] Stryker Jenkins: y
[12:51] Isaiah Tolsen: yes Kiroja, it can
[12:51] Vixus Snowpaw wonders if the website can be maintained like a wiki, entries and modifications being visible and restorable by a administrator, this to prevent 'vandalism' of pages or wrong changes to?
[12:51] Keokipele Ansar thinking along the same lines as Kir
[12:51] Rimpoche Kiama: Isaiah, thanks a lot for your work on this, we all appreciate it.
[12:51] Isaiah Tolsen: it has a record of modifications and allows you to revert
[12:51] Kiroja Fluffy: good, I'm okay then
[12:51] Stryker Jenkins: Hoooo!
[12:51] Rimpoche Kiama: We'll set up a forum section and make sure Anden lets you use the computer. Very Happy
[12:51] Vixus Snowpaw: cool
[12:51] Stryker Jenkins: good presentation
[12:51] Keokipele Ansar applaudes for Isaiah
[12:51] Isaiah Tolsen: ok thank you everyone
[12:51] Marcus Steeplechase: lol
[12:51] Isaiah Tolsen: good luck!
[12:51] Isaiah Tolsen: :-D
[12:51] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok!
[12:51] Marcus Steeplechase: thanks!
[12:51] Rimpoche Kiama: The logo
[12:51] Isaiah Tolsen: have a fabulous day
[12:51] Rimpoche Kiama: Stryker!
[12:52] Stryker Jenkins: sir?
[12:52] Rimpoche Kiama: My notes say you have a report for the logo situation?
[12:52] Stryker Jenkins: well I put up 5 version of the winning logo
[12:52] Stryker Jenkins: this being the main logo
[12:53] Vixus Snowpaw: pwetty
[12:53] Stryker Jenkins: as soon as we figure out a "slogan" we can add that to it
[12:53] Rimpoche Kiama: It's a good logo!
[12:53] Stryker Jenkins: the rest of the version are in the lobby out side this office
[12:53] Rimpoche Kiama: And we have some options to work with there.
[12:54] Stryker Jenkins: I have to make 1 major point though
[12:54] Stryker Jenkins: seeing that in the past there where a lot of issue with propertie rights / copy rights of logos and other items
[12:55] Stryker Jenkins: I want to make the following statement.
[12:55] Stryker Jenkins: The logo's produced here are owned and payed for by SP avatar
[12:56] Stryker Jenkins: the committee can make a decision on requestion more logo's based on this one
[12:56] Marcus Steeplechase raises hand
[12:56] Rimpoche Kiama: Marcus
[12:56] Marcus Steeplechase: the avatar pays for the logo?
[12:57] Stryker Jenkins: and all committee members and users of the logo must use it with the interlatual properties in minde and delete any and all other logo's in there inventory or harddrive at this moment
[12:57] Stryker Jenkins: I motion that the committee makes a commitment to protect the interlactual properties and copyright of the images produced
[12:57] Rimpoche Kiama: point of order
[12:57] Stryker Jenkins: done
[12:58] Rimpoche Kiama: Before we move with that motion?

_________________
Anden Tolsen
Secretary (Co Chair), SP 2010
andentolsen@secondpridefestival.com
www.secondpride.com
avatar
Anden Tolsen
SP10 Secretary (Co-Chair)


Back to top Go down

SP10 Committee Meeting Dialogue July 19, 2009 (cont)

Post  Anden Tolsen on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:47 am

[12:58] Marcus Steeplechase: i just needed clarification...what does it mean, " payed for by SP avatar"
[12:58] Rimpoche Kiama: We need everyone to understand that according to international copywrite law, the SP Avatar would hold the copywrite...ie: Shawn Mission and the person behind Shawn Mission in the eye of the courts see him as having the copywrite.
[12:58] Marcus Steeplechase: oh i see
[12:59] Marcus Steeplechase: ok
[12:59] Rimpoche Kiama: Stryker can you clarify?
[12:59] Stryker Jenkins: and on the payment point
[12:59] Stryker Jenkins: Sponsor amount for the uploading of SP2010 logos prior to Board meeting 19 july 2009 where the logo's will be presented discussed. In total 15 logo's where uploaded by Second pride avatar and 6 of them 2x due to a fault in the logo. 1778195376 Date: 07/19/2009 09:59:15 Gift from Stryker Jenkins Region: Selene Destination: Second Pride L$210
[12:59] Stryker Jenkins: I sponsord the upload
[12:59] Rimpoche Kiama: Any further questions?
[12:59] Keokipele Ansar: ? interlactual = intellectual ?
[13:00] Stryker Jenkins: lol
[13:00] Stryker Jenkins: yup
[13:00] Marcus Steeplechase: thnx Stryker!
[13:00] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok is everyone cool with this?
[13:00] Keokipele Ansar: ty
[13:00] Stryker Jenkins: oh for got... I have a box I will get to each of you as soon as you delete any and all other SP logo's
[13:01] Kiroja Fluffy: the logo has to be owned by an individual?
[13:01] Stryker Jenkins: SP avatar is the SP festival is the committee... (as far as I see it)
[13:02] Stryker Jenkins: "castodian of records" so to say
[13:02] Kiroja Fluffy: .. is shawn mission, is the person behind shawn mission
[13:02] Rimpoche Kiama: So Shawn will have to make a statement to that effect unless we're happy with him holding the rights.
[13:02] Rimpoche Kiama: That's the law. lol
[13:02] Keokipele Ansar: but I think it might be prudent to have a statement on record granting free and unlimited license and use to the "Committee"
[13:02] Rimpoche Kiama: (<==is a writer)
[13:03] Rimpoche Kiama: I'll talk to Shawn...yah?
[13:03] Stryker Jenkins: ok... get me a notecard to that effect and I will sign that as the creator of the actual images
[13:03] Keokipele Ansar: yes . . .
[13:03] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok so let's hold off on this until we get a notecard from Shawn. Agreed?
[13:04] Kefir Lamont raises his hand
[13:04] Stryker Jenkins: (we will have to inform him)
[13:04] Rimpoche Kiama: Kefir!
[13:04] Keokipele Ansar: ?
[13:04] Rimpoche Kiama: (sorry lag bubble)
[13:04] Kefir Lamont: it is o.k. to use our security logo again this year as we did the past 2 years?
[13:04] Stryker Jenkins: lets you and I discuss what we can do
[13:05] Kefir Lamont: o.k.
[13:05] Stryker Jenkins: I was thinking replacing 2010 with "security"
[13:05] Keokipele Ansar: ?
[13:05] Keokipele Ansar has question
[13:06] Keokipele Ansar: just trying to follow the trail of ownership . . . the textures as they exist in world show who as the creator?
[13:06] Stryker Jenkins: me
[13:06] Stryker Jenkins: nope... Second Pride avatar
[13:07] Keokipele Ansar: ok . . . that's what I was getting after . . .
[13:07] Stryker Jenkins: I used that account to upload the textures
[13:07] Rimpoche Kiama: ok.
[13:07] Keokipele Ansar: just wanted to make sure that was the case . . .
[13:07] Rimpoche Kiama: Anything else?
[13:07] Keokipele Ansar: done
[13:07] Kefir Lamont: me too
[13:07] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok! Let's table this until next meeting: I'll contact Shawn and get back to you all.
[13:08] Rimpoche Kiama: Thanks Stryker!
[13:08] Stryker Jenkins: I want to thank everyone who contributed logo's afcource and the voters that voted
[13:08] Keokipele Ansar: wohoo ^^
[13:08] Keokipele Ansar: Stryker
[13:08] EagleWoman Lightfoot: thanks Stryker, nice work
[13:08] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok! Let's choose a charity people! Thoughts?
[13:08] Marcus Steeplechase: great job
[13:08] Stryker Jenkins: though one...
[13:09] Stryker Jenkins: I think we need a charity that has inworld presense
[13:10] Keokipele Ansar: personally, I would propose to have Amnesty/OutFront be the recipient again this year . . . as a charity that has international reach and programs . . and they are in world
[13:10] Stryker Jenkins: I can go with that...
[13:10] Marcus Steeplechase: seond
[13:10] Marcus Steeplechase: *c
[13:10] Rimpoche Kiama: Are we agreed?
[13:10] Keokipele Ansar: aye
[13:10] Rimpoche Kiama: y
[13:10] Marcus Steeplechase: y
[13:10] Stryker Jenkins: y
[13:10] Anden Tolsen: Yes
[13:10] Kefir Lamont: y
[13:10] Kiroja Fluffy: aye
[13:10] EagleWoman Lightfoot: y
[13:10] Vixus Snowpaw: y
[13:10] Rimpoche Kiama: Looks like I have a lot of tea dates this week! Very Happy
[13:11] Stryker Jenkins: hmmm that was yeasy
[13:11] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok!
[13:11] Rimpoche Kiama: Stryker, the kiosk...can you give us a progress report?
[13:11] Stryker Jenkins: well I hope every committee member did see my post on the forum site about the kiosk
[13:13] Stryker Jenkins: basicly I propose to use the basic scripts and looks from last year... (keep a flow going)
[13:13] Stryker Jenkins: with some minor changes
[13:13] Stryker Jenkins: I added a sponorlogo sign... and plan to discuss with the scripter Nava Muni who to implement the mail list feature.
[13:14] Stryker Jenkins: but real live issues prevented us from meeting up yet
[13:14] Stryker Jenkins: any questions / comments / remarks at this point?
[13:14] Keokipele Ansar: ?
[13:14] Rimpoche Kiama: Keo?
[13:15] EagleWoman Lightfoot raises hand
[13:15] Stryker Jenkins: Keo
[13:15] Keokipele Ansar: I recall seeing a note about the textures being limited to six
[13:15] Keokipele Ansar: was this on the main board or the sponsor logo board?
[13:16] Stryker Jenkins: yes... due to the slower rotaion of the main event/marketing poster it worked out last year that 6 to 8 is about the most effective to put in
[13:16] Stryker Jenkins: other ways is just took to long
[13:16] Keokipele Ansar: ok, just wanted to make sure that the logo one was capable of more . . .
[13:16] Stryker Jenkins: jup
[13:16] Keokipele Ansar: cool
[13:16] Stryker Jenkins: no real / coded limits
[13:16] Stryker Jenkins: Eagle
[13:17] EagleWoman Lightfoot: Marcus and I have discussed having a 'thermometer" style donation kiosk for events, certainly for Pride week for on stage donations
[13:18] Kefir Lamont: like a goal tracker?
[13:18] Marcus Steeplechase: y
[13:18] EagleWoman Lightfoot: sort of, yes
[13:18] Stryker Jenkins: the design and implementation of the kiosk is a task of the treasurer. how ever i see no real way of making that work with the given scripts
[13:18] EagleWoman Lightfoot: could also be sort of like a 'contest" on stage with the DJs, performers
[13:18] Rimpoche Kiama: ?
[13:19] Rimpoche Kiama: lol oops
[13:19] EagleWoman Lightfoot: what abut a seperate kiosk for use for events
[13:19] Stryker Jenkins: I have opted to have the kiosk show the total donations per kiosk. that was not so last year
[13:19] Rimpoche Kiama: Stryker would it be possible to pay out seperate kiosks to the SP avatar no matter what style/type is used?
[13:19] EagleWoman Lightfoot: Marcus and I both think the "thermometer" idea is a good one for our events
[13:20] Rimpoche Kiama: So in theory, have the termometer on a mainstage, but plug it into the avatar?
[13:20] Rimpoche Kiama: thermometer
[13:20] Keokipele Ansar wonders if it is a rectal or oral thermometer
[13:20] Rimpoche Kiama: LOL
[13:20] EagleWoman Lightfoot: O.O
[13:20] EagleWoman Lightfoot: I have no commetnt
[13:20] Vixus Snowpaw: ....
[13:21] Vixus Snowpaw bursts out in laughter
[13:21] Kefir Lamont: it's an interesting idea.. i just don't want it to show as we are petty
[13:21] Stryker Jenkins: yeah... but you have to understand that the script in the kioskes was not disign to do those things. And I think we should keep the apperance of ONE system going thought SL
[13:22] EagleWoman Lightfoot: and yet, at many events, there are 'contests", this would just be a "backwards" contest
[13:22] EagleWoman Lightfoot: O.o
[13:22] EagleWoman Lightfoot: a DJ last Pride asked if we had one and I thought, that wuld have been great to get the crowd in on donations
[13:22] EagleWoman Lightfoot: feel like they "own" it
[13:22] Keokipele Ansar: it seems to me that the addition of the individual kiosk total "Donated Here" at least accomplishes the idea of a competition as to which DJ raises the most . . .
[13:22] Rimpoche Kiama: Tell you what guys!
[13:22] Keokipele Ansar: so with each DJ change, a different kiosk?
[13:23] Rimpoche Kiama: How bout we move this discussion to the e-mails as well? Very Happy
[13:23] Stryker Jenkins: nope
[13:23] EagleWoman Lightfoot: ok
[13:23] Rimpoche Kiama: We've got some solid progress on this system and it looks great.
[13:23] Stryker Jenkins: we have to finish this today...
[13:23] Marcus Steeplechase: i second
[13:23] Stryker Jenkins: if we want to get the kioskes in place by the first event
[13:23] Marcus Steeplechase: no, just the discssion on uses of thermoemter
[13:23] Rimpoche Kiama: I agree.
[13:23] Stryker Jenkins: excuse me?
[13:24] Rimpoche Kiama: He's talking about using secondary systems at events for wow factor, correct?
[13:24] Marcus Steeplechase: move that discussion to a forum, the uses of thermometer --and maybe it is not possible
[13:24] Stryker Jenkins: is it not the task of the treasurer to get the kioskes amde?
[13:24] Rimpoche Kiama: As far as this kiosk looks and functions, I'm cool with using it yes?
[13:25] Marcus Steeplechase: it sure is, right behind ya ;>)
[13:25] Rimpoche Kiama: And the idea of a secondary system for staging, that is another issue yes?
[13:25] EagleWoman Lightfoot: me too, good little system

_________________
Anden Tolsen
Secretary (Co Chair), SP 2010
andentolsen@secondpridefestival.com
www.secondpride.com
avatar
Anden Tolsen
SP10 Secretary (Co-Chair)


Back to top Go down

Sp10 Committee Meeting Dialogue July 19, 2009 (cont)

Post  Anden Tolsen on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:48 am

[13:25] Stryker Jenkins: I like the way Marcus and Eagle are proactive on many fronts but don't start takeing over to much guys
[13:25] EagleWoman Lightfoot: just didn't know if the "thermometer could be implemented with this particular system
[13:25] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok let's move the discussion beyond this system's use to the forums, yes?
[13:26] Marcus Steeplechase: please
[13:26] Stryker Jenkins: I furmly object
[13:26] Marcus Steeplechase: but there is nothing to object to, except discussion on a thermometer
[13:27] Stryker Jenkins: I said I furmly object
[13:27] EagleWoman Lightfoot: to what?
[13:27] EagleWoman Lightfoot: discussion?
[13:27] Marcus Steeplechase: to discussing a thermometer?
[13:27] Rimpoche Kiama: Order here, people.
[13:27] Keokipele Ansar: for the record, I do not think anyone is trying to "take over" your remit, Stryker . . . it is a question of whether or not the Events committee's idea is doable in conjunction with the main kiosk
[13:27] Kefir Lamont: I a not opposedto trying it.. i just don't want itto come acros as we are gredyfor donations, i mean every donation gos help and it goes for a grat cause i am all forthat. I was just thinking of any posible outcomes.
[13:27] Stryker Jenkins: to the themometer or any other design... we MUST stick to 1 design
[13:28] EagleWoman Lightfoot: ty Keo, that is correct
[13:28] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok. That discussion needs to be tabled.
[13:28] Rimpoche Kiama: Agreed?
[13:28] Marcus Steeplechase: tabled
[13:28] Keokipele Ansar: Second
[13:28] Kefir Lamont: y
[13:28] Stryker Jenkins: N
[13:29] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok mr secretary?
[13:29] Rimpoche Kiama: What's the count on this.
[13:29] Anden Tolsen: Yes
[13:29] Keokipele Ansar: aye
[13:29] Anden Tolsen: Rim your vote?
[13:29] Kiroja Fluffy: aye, no need to hash this out right this minute
[13:29] Vixus Snowpaw: ^
[13:29] Rimpoche Kiama: I'm voting yes....and endorsing the design of Stryker's kiosk.
[13:30] Rimpoche Kiama: Tabled until next meeting, open to discussion via e-mails people.
[13:30] Rimpoche Kiama: Moving on to the Theme this year.
[13:30] Rimpoche Kiama: I'd like to open the floor to suggestions?
[13:31] Stryker Jenkins: Lets keep it simple to construct / setup
[13:31] Jayson Frostbite is Offline
[13:31] Stryker Jenkins: atleast I think we are talking building theme right?
[13:31] Kiroja Fluffy: yeah, which theme are we discussing?
[13:32] EagleWoman Lightfoot: hehe
[13:32] Anden Tolsen: The overall Second Pride 2010 theme
[13:32] Marcus Steeplechase: i thought it was them of festival
[13:32] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok for the case of simplicity? Let's keep it to the overall theme/moto of Pride 2010
[13:32] Rimpoche Kiama: I'd suggested step into the light, but Jesus didn't like it.
[13:32] Rimpoche Kiama: ;o)
[13:32] Anden Tolsen: what Rim said...that can be transalated into builds, the moto on the kisosk, etc
[13:32] Stryker Jenkins: What are we exacly discussing here?
[13:32] Marcus Steeplechase: we discussed a 4-word theme in forums --Love -Peace -Unity -Equality
[13:33] Kefir Lamont: a slogan / theme?
[13:33] EagleWoman Lightfoot: yes
[13:33] Stryker Jenkins: "share your pride"
[13:33] Keokipele Ansar: I did to like it, I simply pointed out some possible connotations Smile)
[13:33] Rimpoche Kiama: Yah theme/slogan.
[13:33] Marcus Steeplechase: yes and slogan, like "shne"
[13:33] Rimpoche Kiama: I also threw in Shine
[13:33] Stryker Jenkins: a slogan is something different than 4 words
[13:33] Rimpoche Kiama: except the shoe shiners got mad. ;o)
[13:33] EagleWoman Lightfoot: I like the 3 "points", peace, love unity
[13:33] Stryker Jenkins: I think we should go for a slogan
[13:34] Keokipele Ansar: what about Let your Pride Shine?
[13:34] Rimpoche Kiama: Unity in Pride?
[13:34] Stryker Jenkins: hmmm nice one
[13:35] Rimpoche Kiama: I like that....Let your pride shine.
[13:35] Marcus Steeplechase: it sings
[13:35] Kefir Lamont: out and about
[13:35] EagleWoman Lightfoot: nice Keo
[13:35] Rimpoche Kiama: Let Your Pride Shine Out
[13:35] Rimpoche Kiama: :O
[13:35] Anden Tolsen: yes I like Keo's too
[13:35] Rimpoche Kiama: or...
[13:35] Rimpoche Kiama: Shine Out
[13:35] Stryker Jenkins: no wonder... Let you Light Shine is a song from the Eurovision song contest
[13:35] Rimpoche Kiama: LOL
[13:35] Vixus Snowpaw: proud to be proud. >.>;
[13:36] Rimpoche Kiama: lolololol
[13:36] Marcus Steeplechase: omg lol
[13:36] Kefir Lamont: larger than life
[13:36] Rimpoche Kiama: Stryker and I were chewing the fat yesterday and we came up with a real winner....lololol
[13:36] Vixus Snowpaw: isn't that by "De Toppers" Stryker?
[13:36] Rimpoche Kiama: i'll share after. Wink
[13:36] Stryker Jenkins: we need something that "invites" people to show there pride and join other showing / being proud
[13:36] Vixus Snowpaw: that dutch group that everyone in our country despises?
[13:36] Stryker Jenkins: yes
[13:36] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok well...
[13:36] Vixus Snowpaw cringes. Razz
[13:36] Rimpoche Kiama: How about Let Your Pride Shine?
[13:36] Rimpoche Kiama: Can we work with that?
[13:36] EagleWoman Lightfoot: I like it
[13:36] Marcus Steeplechase: since we don't neeed to decide today, can we continue in forums a bit longer?
[13:37] Stryker Jenkins: to loaded
[13:37] Keokipele Ansar: loaded?
[13:37] Rimpoche Kiama: Agreed. Keep throwing ideas out in the forums people, yes?
[13:37] Vixus Snowpaw: yeah I vote for forum discussion of this.
[13:37] Kefir Lamont: me too
[13:37] Keokipele Ansar: aye
[13:37] Rimpoche Kiama: Vixus...lol you can't vote. :O)
[13:37] Rimpoche Kiama: but thanks for the input!
[13:37] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok are we agreed to shove this to the forums?
[13:37] Marcus Steeplechase: second
[13:37] Rimpoche Kiama: bad word shove. lol
[13:38] Stryker Jenkins: Unity in Pride has my indorsment
[13:38] Rimpoche Kiama: All in favor of further discussing this in the forums?
[13:38] Rimpoche Kiama: Y
[13:38] Anden Tolsen: Should we set a date to this on the forums?
[13:38] Keokipele Ansar: aye
[13:38] Kefir Lamont: y
[13:38] Marcus Steeplechase: y
[13:38] Stryker Jenkins: y
[13:38] Anden Tolsen: and vote within the forums?
[13:38] Rimpoche Kiama: poo....that's a good idea.
[13:38] Kiroja Fluffy: aye
[13:39] Stryker Jenkins wonders if we move everything to the forum we don't need these meetings
[13:39] Anden Tolsen: lol
[13:39] Kiroja Fluffy: not to poo, to discussing in the forum <.<
[13:39] Rimpoche Kiama: You guys with doing it same as the logo?
[13:39] EagleWoman Lightfoot: poo?
[13:39] Rimpoche Kiama: LOL
[13:39] Marcus Steeplechase raises hand
[13:39] Anden Tolsen: Does a week work?
[13:39] Rimpoche Kiama: marcus!
[13:39] Marcus Steeplechase: when i submitted agenda items for first meeting...
[13:39] Vixus Snowpaw: Anden please check your IM. Smile
[13:40] Marcus Steeplechase: one of them was a "same sex marrge theme" not as an over-riding theme
[13:40] Keokipele Ansar: aye, but can we do it in the form of a poll with results showing after voting . .. .
[13:40] Marcus Steeplechase: but perhaps for one of the six sims
[13:40] Madison Rutledge is Online
[13:40] Jayson Frostbite is Online
[13:40] Marcus Steeplechase: that agenda item was moved into this more "general" topic
[13:40] Marcus Steeplechase: so i'd like to place it as its own idea for next meeting
[13:40] Rimpoche Kiama: Marcus....I want to sit down with events and talk that over with you guys...is that ok?
[13:40] Marcus Steeplechase: sure
[13:40] Rimpoche Kiama: I have some ideas. kk. Smile
[13:40] Rimpoche Kiama: OK!
[13:41] Stryker Jenkins: point of order?
[13:41] Rimpoche Kiama: I'd also like to say that the forums and e-mails are tools for efficiency and we should all be using them to help us through here! Stryker.
[13:41] Stryker Jenkins: isn't the theme / how the sims look and feel something for the Build Chair?
[13:42] Rimpoche Kiama: Marcus, Kiroja, are you two colaborating here?
[13:42] Marcus Steeplechase: excuse me for aminute
[13:42] Marcus Steeplechase: i know last year that events was a bit of a merry go round
[13:43] Marcus Steeplechase: 4 chairs, with eagle coming in to rescue at last minute
[13:43] EagleWoman Lightfoot: Kiro and I met earlier in the week to discuss an upcoming topic here today, the parade
[13:43] EagleWoman Lightfoot: sorry Marc
[13:43] Marcus Steeplechase: but when we talk theme, there are evet themes and building themes
[13:43] Marcus Steeplechase: *event
[13:44] Marcus Steeplechase: it is not my fault or eagle's that last year there were only building themes
[13:44] Kiroja Fluffy: build theme is purely the look of buildings, not their function or the theme of events held there
[13:44] Marcus Steeplechase: events HAVE themes'
[13:44] Stryker Jenkins: right... just want to make sure there is a difference and the right poeople take part in the right themeing.
[13:44] Rimpoche Kiama: My understanding is there is no conflict?
[13:44] Kiroja Fluffy: nope
[13:44] Rimpoche Kiama: ANd if there is someone will promptly bring it to my attention yes?
[13:44] EagleWoman Lightfoot: no, not that I am aware of
[13:44] Marcus Steeplechase: not that i know, but sure a lot of discussion to be had
[13:44] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok then.
[13:44] Rimpoche Kiama: Dates.
[13:45] Stryker Jenkins: last week of may for the main event please
[13:45] Rimpoche Kiama: let's deal with main event as stryker's opened the discussion. Very Happy

_________________
Anden Tolsen
Secretary (Co Chair), SP 2010
andentolsen@secondpridefestival.com
www.secondpride.com
avatar
Anden Tolsen
SP10 Secretary (Co-Chair)


Back to top Go down

SP10 Committee Meeting Dialogue July 19, 2009 (cont)

Post  Anden Tolsen on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:49 am

[13:45] Rimpoche Kiama: t/y boss hehe
[13:45] Stryker Jenkins: oopsie
[13:45] Rimpoche Kiama: heheh
[13:45] Rimpoche Kiama: I have a question tho.
[13:46] Rimpoche Kiama: Why is our pride different than any other in June?
[13:46] Anden Tolsen: From what I heard its so it doesnt conflict with the other pride events
[13:46] Stryker Jenkins: well I talked with Zack on this and asked hwo they picked there date
[13:46] Anden Tolsen: so people can enjoy RL pride and SL pride 13:47] Stryker Jenkins: Anden just told on. and the other is RL holidays and other major SL events by LL
[13:47] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok.
[13:47] Stryker Jenkins: so somewhere from 23rt till the 29th or there about
[13:47] Marcus Steeplechase: so first week of June is no good, huh
[13:48] Rimpoche Kiama: I'd prefer a june date? But I'm flexible.
[13:48] Rimpoche Kiama: And I understand the considerations involved....can I suggest the 30-31-june1 week?
[13:48] Rimpoche Kiama: so there's an overlap?
[13:49] Stryker Jenkins: depents if LL holds there builders events then again... And I know people start to compair SL pride to RL prides and get "dissapointed" (or so Zack told me)
[13:49] Kiroja Fluffy: dissapointed why?
[13:50] Anden Tolsen: Does someone want to confim the dates of all Second Life events going on around that time?
[13:50] Stryker Jenkins: hmmm makes for a longer title... "from May 30th till June 5th"
[13:50] Rimpoche Kiama: I can do that.
[13:51] Rimpoche Kiama: tea with the lindens now! whooo!
[13:51] Anden Tolsen: Also, is it a conflict of intrest if we do go against a Second Life event?
[13:51] Stryker Jenkins: did not dig deep enough Kiroja to tell...
[13:51] Rimpoche Kiama: It happens all the time in R/L.
[13:51] EagleWoman Lightfoot: I wouldn't think so, jsut a matter fo traffic, where will they all go, sort of thing
[13:51] Kefir Lamont is Offline
[13:51] EagleWoman Lightfoot: we'll hog tie them and drag them to Pride!
[13:52] Anden Tolsen: Thats true Stryker
[13:52] Rimpoche Kiama: exactly. Very Happy
[13:52] EagleWoman Lightfoot smiles
[13:52] Marcus Steeplechase: again, maybe this should move to forums, unless it is crucial we set the dates now. it obviously generates discussion
[13:52] Rimpoche Kiama: There will be no disappointment event this year.
[13:52] Vixus Snowpaw: Emerald viewer users can submit their own things for the login screen
[13:52] Vixus Snowpaw: I will talk to LordGreg about it
[13:52] Stryker Jenkins: go on... we can deside this today...
[13:52] Vixus Snowpaw: good idea.
[13:52] Rimpoche Kiama: I'll check with LL's about events around that time n' check back wiht you guys.
[13:52] Rimpoche Kiama: As for the monthly events...
[13:52] Marcus Steeplechase does secret handshake with fellow emeralds
[13:52] EagleWoman Lightfoot: lol
[13:52] Rimpoche Kiama: Marcus before I made a suggestion I watnede to check with you n' see if you had dates in mind for August?
[13:52] Rimpoche Kiama: Which ties in with topic next. Smile
[13:52] Marcus Steeplechase: yes
[13:53] Marcus Steeplechase: the actual date of an August event would be Saturday, the 22nd
[13:53] Rimpoche Kiama: ok
[13:53] Stryker Jenkins: seems fixed
[13:53] Marcus Steeplechase: with sims rented for 3 days, the event day and 2 prior days
[13:54] Stryker Jenkins: actualy... I think events can handle those dates without us...
[13:54] Rimpoche Kiama: What I'm wondering is....for simplicty do we just go on an assumption that events will be held monthly the fourth saturday/sunday of the month?
[13:54] Marcus Steeplechase: except for sim rental, in which case treasurer must be invlved
[13:54] Marcus Steeplechase: not necessaarily.
[13:54] Stryker Jenkins: we don't have cash... so don't look at me
[13:54] Rimpoche Kiama: ok.
[13:54] Marcus Steeplechase: frankly there has been so much to put in place, eagle and i have not drafted an event schedule yet
[13:55] Keokipele Ansar: Marcus' post explained that a sponsor picked up the rental tab
[13:55] Kiroja Fluffy looks at stryker anyway
[13:55] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok can we try n' be constructive here people, and remember we're all adults?
[13:55] Rimpoche Kiama: K let's move to the august event in full then.
[13:55] Stryker Jenkins blushes
[13:55] Rimpoche Kiama: Where are we now Marcus, and what do we need to do?
[13:55] Rimpoche Kiama: (I'm assuming we're helping heehe)
[13:56] EagleWoman Lightfoot: hehe
[13:56] Marcus Steeplechase: well, in 4 weeks..
[13:56] Marcus Steeplechase: the production notes need to be expanded
[13:56] Marcus Steeplechase: a cast must be assembled
[13:56] Marcus Steeplechase: roughly 25 people
[13:56] Marcus Steeplechase: two sims rented
[13:56] Marcus Steeplechase: for 3 days
[13:57] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok. Does build need to be involved here?
[13:57] Marcus Steeplechase: 7 DJs and 2 mcees
[13:57] Marcus Steeplechase: no, the building qwere purchased by me a year ago
[13:57] Rimpoche Kiama: kk
[13:57] Marcus Steeplechase: about 20K of buildings
[13:57] Marcus Steeplechase: marketing is a big issue
[13:57] Rimpoche Kiama: ok.
[13:57] Marcus Steeplechase: and whether kiosk wil be ready
[13:57] Rimpoche Kiama: What do you need.
[13:58] Marcus Steeplechase: i need us all to market it
[13:58] Marcus Steeplechase: i need to get sme names of DJs from Kiroja, in the interest of a more complete set
[13:58] Rimpoche Kiama: ok
[13:58] Marcus Steeplechase: i would like a few volunteers for the "cast"
[13:58] Rimpoche Kiama: Y'all wanna dress up? Very Happy
[13:59] Anden Tolsen: lol
[13:59] Rimpoche Kiama: I think it'd be great pr forus all to be there and participating.
[13:59] Kiroja Fluffy: can do
[13:59] Keokipele Ansar: I will volunteer to do press releases and get word out to SL media / groups / XStreet Event Forums / SL event listing . . .
[13:59] Marcus Steeplechase: i will post the production notes on the forums
[13:59] Rimpoche Kiama: Thank you Keo!
[13:59] Marcus Steeplechase: so you can all see where this event is headed
[13:59] EagleWoman Lightfoot: excellent
[13:59] Rimpoche Kiama: Do me a favor?
[13:59] Rimpoche Kiama: Keo?
[14:00] Keokipele Ansar: yes?
[14:00] Rimpoche Kiama: I'd like you to send that release to CTV Canada, CNN US, and BBC as well...I can get you contacts if you need them?
[14:00] Rimpoche Kiama: Is there a general Euro media contact?
[14:00] Keokipele Ansar: just pass 'em on . . I'll do it . . .
[14:00] Marcus Steeplechase: woot!
[14:01] Stryker Jenkins: can't think of one right now... BBC world will do
[14:01] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok!
[14:01] Stryker Jenkins: Reuters or AP
[14:01] Rimpoche Kiama: Give me 48 hrs and I'll have e-mails for you.
[14:01] Rimpoche Kiama: Good one stryker!
[14:01] Kiroja Fluffy: I got a problem, got another meeting starting
[14:01] Vixus Snowpaw: The Banlink meeting is starting right now and I wish to attend to that, Kiroja can you keep me updated pl..
[14:01] Vixus Snowpaw: oh..
[14:01] Rimpoche Kiama: can yoru cochair stay?
[14:02] Keokipele Ansar: I'm sure I can get something going through Life On Line, too . .. .
[14:02] Rimpoche Kiama: duh.
[14:02] Rimpoche Kiama: lol
[14:02] Rimpoche Kiama: kk
[14:02] Marcus Steeplechase: one final note. i've done a lot of research into this theme, so i want to express the event intent from the production notes:
[14:02] Marcus Steeplechase: M. Butterfly has sometimes been regarded as a diatribe against stereotyping, the stereotyping of the East by the West, of women by men. One writer considers it a plea to all sides to cut through our respective layers of cultural and sexual misperception, to deal with one another truthfully for our mutual good, from the common and equal ground we share as human beings. For the myths of the East, the myths of the West, the myths of men, and the myths of womenthese have so saturated our consciousness that truthful contact between nations and lovers can only be the result of heroic effort. Those who prefer to bypass the work involved will remain in a world of surfaces, misperceptions running rampant. As Madame Butterfly sings it: One step moreLove is calling, and Ive come to the place that divides mere existence from true bliss
[14:02] Rimpoche Kiama: (plus I love puccini...he didn't know that)
[14:03] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok before we move on, 5 minute stretch break?
[14:03] EagleWoman Lightfoot: yes please
[14:03] Marcus Steeplechase: yes pleeze
[14:03] Rimpoche Kiama: I gotta peeeee
[14:03] Rimpoche Kiama: lol
[14:03] Rimpoche Kiama: kk we will reconvene at 2:08 pm
[14:03] EagleWoman Lightfoot: Hoooo!
[14:09] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok.....let us open the can of worms that is the parade. :O)
[14:09] Rimpoche Kiama: heehhe Marcus!
[14:09] EagleWoman Lightfoot: Hoooo!
[14:09] Marcus Steeplechase puts worm on hook
[14:09] Rimpoche Kiama: lol
[14:10] Marcus Steeplechase: so much has been discussed in forums
[14:10] Marcus Steeplechase: we are aware that events, buildings need to work particularly close for success
[14:11] Marcus Steeplechase: franly, so much HAS been discussed.
[14:11] Marcus Steeplechase: that it might be a good idea to have each person state their belief
[14:12] Rimpoche Kiama: We'll start with Keo and move around the table. when you're finished, say "thank you".
[14:12] Stryker Jenkins: can we please reduce this to yes or no questions...
[14:12] Stryker Jenkins: the rest has, like marcus said, been discussed
[14:13] Rimpoche Kiama: Does anyone have any objections to that?
[14:13] Anden Tolsen: Nope
[14:13] Keokipele Ansar: nope . . . but what are the questions?
[14:13] Rimpoche Kiama: Well lets' start with:
[14:13] Madison Rutledge is Offline
[14:13] Rimpoche Kiama: Do we have a parade?
[14:13] Anden Tolsen: Kiro requested that he be present anyway for this discussion
[14:14] Rimpoche Kiama: maybe it's best to table it then...as much as I'd like to dig into it.
[14:14] Stryker Jenkins: second
[14:14] Marcus Steeplechase: y
[14:14] Keokipele Ansar: aye
[14:14] Rimpoche Kiama: ok jooo know what to doo
[14:14] Rimpoche Kiama: y
[14:14] DarkShadowPrincess Huntress is Online
[14:14] Anden Tolsen: aye
[14:14] Stryker Jenkins: y
[14:14] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok let's put that first thing for next meeting.
[14:14] Marcus Steeplechase: yes
[14:14] Rimpoche Kiama: good god....new business.

_________________
Anden Tolsen
Secretary (Co Chair), SP 2010
andentolsen@secondpridefestival.com
www.secondpride.com
avatar
Anden Tolsen
SP10 Secretary (Co-Chair)


Back to top Go down

SP10 Committee Meeting Dialogue July 19, 2009 (cont)

Post  Anden Tolsen on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:50 am

[14:14] Rimpoche Kiama **!!Passes the flower out!!**
[14:15] Rimpoche Kiama: Second Pride Groups
[14:15] EagleWoman Lightfoot: hehe
[14:15] Stryker Jenkins raises hand
[14:15] Rimpoche Kiama: Stryker
[14:15] Rimpoche Kiama: !
[14:15] Stryker Jenkins: I motion we open up Second Pride Festival to the publick and start transfering members into that
[14:16] Keokipele Ansar: second
[14:16] Zack Preminger is Online
[14:16] Rimpoche Kiama: ok vote y'all.
[14:16] Rimpoche Kiama: Y
[14:16] Keokipele Ansar: aye
[14:16] Anden Tolsen: aye
[14:16] Anden Tolsen: Aye
[14:16] Stryker Jenkins: I have a notecard for people that don't have the full list of groups availible
[14:16] Stryker Jenkins: y
[14:16] Marcus Steeplechase: y
[14:16] Rimpoche Kiama: I further motion we open up all groups that are generic "Pride" and use them in perpetuum.
[14:16] EagleWoman Lightfoot: Marcus and I need proper tags in whatever group we will be using
[14:17] Rimpoche Kiama: Security, Events, media, etc
[14:17] Rimpoche Kiama: ie: we eliminate the need to go from group to group, year to year by creating stable groups (that exist already in the SPAV).
[14:17] Stryker Jenkins: there are only limited amount of roles... I suggest we make a role like "staff"
[14:17] Rimpoche Kiama: I'll make sure that gets fixed this week Eagle. Smile
[14:18] EagleWoman Lightfoot: ty
[14:18] Anden Tolsen: Should we start with what roles we will have in the permenant Second PRide Festival Group?
[14:18] Marcus Steeplechase: sure
[14:18] Keokipele Ansar: I will rejoin SP09 but will need a role that includes the ability to send notices . . . so that I can begin notification of SP09 to rejoin the Second Pride Festival group . . .
[14:19] Stryker Jenkins: we need to use 1 group during the festival
[14:19] Rimpoche Kiama: I'll get you that Keo.
[14:19] Anden Tolsen: Which will the Second PRide Festival group...thats the main group that all members belong to
[14:19] Stryker Jenkins: so Vendors, Entertainments, Staff, Security etc.
[14:19] Anden Tolsen: right?
[14:19] EagleWoman Lightfoot: the "Team" group has no year attached to it so is a stable option
[14:19] Jayson Frostbite is Offline
[14:19] Rimpoche Kiama: k
[14:20] Anden Tolsen: There is a max of 10 roles.
[14:20] Keokipele Ansar: comment here
[14:20] Rimpoche Kiama: go ahead.
[14:20] Keokipele Ansar: Anden and I had quite a long discussion about groups . . .
[14:21] Keokipele Ansar: and I agree that we need one ongoing group for "members" in general and for festival
[14:22] Keokipele Ansar: however, I would propose that we keep the "Team" group for committee and staff members separate, with no general membership enrolled
[14:22] Rimpoche Kiama: So Team would be for the business end of it.
[14:22] Stryker Jenkins: you need more then 1 group. but the main group needs to hold everyone
[14:22] Keokipele Ansar: the most important being that it gives us a private channel to discuss things as a committee during the course of the Festival
[14:22] Stryker Jenkins: and team for the committee
[14:22] Keokipele Ansar: right, that's what I'm getting at . . .
[14:22] Stryker Jenkins: and security will want to communicate via it's group
[14:23] Rimpoche Kiama: Makes sense to me.
[14:23] Keokipele Ansar: ok, just making sure we're on the same page . . .
[14:23] Rimpoche Kiama: Do we not have a security group in place? I transfered powers to Kefir earlier this week so uh....yah.
[14:23] Stryker Jenkins: yes
[14:24] Anden Tolsen: I think we all agreed that each department wik=ll have their own group
[14:24] Anden Tolsen: right?
[14:24] Stryker Jenkins: only if they realy need it during the main events
[14:24] Anden Tolsen: then we will have the Second Pride Festival group that encompasses all members
[14:24] Kelsey Cristole is Offline
[14:24] Anden Tolsen: and used to communicate to vendors, sponsors, members
[14:24] Keokipele Ansar: well, within the Team group, each department will have a roll . . .
[14:25] Stryker Jenkins: no the team group is for committee members only
[14:25] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok would it simplify things to have an events group for performers/djs, and a vendors group for the vendors?
[14:26] Rimpoche Kiama: To me that seems to be the simplest solution.
[14:26] Stryker Jenkins: does not work that way...
[14:26] Magnus Rajal is Online
[14:26] Stryker Jenkins: the terrain will probebly be set to 1 particualar group.
[14:27] EagleWoman Lightfoot: for Pride week, have to remember that some will need lad rights, build rights
[14:27] Stryker Jenkins: so people need to all be in that 1 group
[14:27] EagleWoman Lightfoot: land*
[14:27] Rimpoche Kiama: ah ok gotcha.
[14:27] Rimpoche Kiama: well doesn't that suck lol
[14:28] Stryker Jenkins: well if we need a special group to communicate than that costs money and users will also have to be in the main group.
[14:28] Rimpoche Kiama: Stryker how much would we need
[14:28] Stryker Jenkins: We could use a program / tool like Mass mailer to contact specific group members without them having to be in a group?
[14:29] Rimpoche Kiama: this ties into what Keo was suggesting last week.
[14:29] Keokipele Ansar: Stryker, I wasn't suggesting the formation of any more groups . . .
[14:29] Keokipele Ansar: may I suggest rolls for the "main" SP Festival group?
[14:30] Stryker Jenkins: we can add up to 10... so suggest away
[14:30] Rimpoche Kiama: Vendor, Performer, Staff, Executive
[14:30] Keokipele Ansar: staff, sponsors/vendors, general members and any departmental that needs it's own abilities
[14:31] Keokipele Ansar: performer is also a good possibility . . .
[14:31] EagleWoman Lightfoot: that would simplify it
[14:31] Stryker Jenkins: yeah... haha... like in the SP09 group..
[14:31] Rimpoche Kiama: why not just go with what we had for 09?
[14:31] Rimpoche Kiama: and add what we need? (since we've got 10 slots)
[14:32] Stryker Jenkins: ok... who is going to set the group up?
[14:32] Keokipele Ansar: I'm only suggesting that we keep that in the SP Festival Group and quit putting a year on it . . . rolls can be easily reassigned following a Festival with a new incoming committee . . .
[14:32] Rimpoche Kiama: the main festival group is already set....
[14:32] Keokipele Ansar: If it is the remit of membership, I'd be happy to do it . . .
[14:32] Rimpoche Kiama: I've done it.
[14:32] Rimpoche Kiama: lol
[14:32] Rimpoche Kiama: how's that for efficiency!
[14:33] Rimpoche Kiama: All we need to do now for the festival group is set the tags.
[14:33] Rimpoche Kiama: tags/roles
[14:33] Stryker Jenkins: and the logo and main description...
[14:33] Rimpoche Kiama: Keo would you like to give me a hand with that this week?
[14:34] Rimpoche Kiama: Stryker you as well?
[14:34] Stryker Jenkins: only the SP avatar can do that for now...
[14:34] Stryker Jenkins: unless you want to make someone in the committee owner of the group
[14:34] Keokipele Ansar: if we leave the year out of the name completely, we keep all members in a single group from year to year and we don't have transfer/request rejoin to a different group each year . . .
[14:34] Keokipele Ansar: can someone not be assigned as an officer and be given the ability?
[14:34] EagleWoman Lightfoot: exactly, like the "Team" group
[14:35] Rimpoche Kiama: That's the idea Keo. Second Pride Festival Group is what we made active.
[14:35] Stryker Jenkins: KEO... we will use "Second Pride Festival"
[14:35] Anden Tolsen: Moving on?
[14:36] Rimpoche Kiama: I think we can figure it out from here yah...agreed?
[14:36] Anden Tolsen: Yes
[14:36] Keokipele Ansar: I have the list Styker . . .
[14:36] Anden Tolsen: For each department having their own group..
[14:36] Keokipele Ansar: yes . . I'm available
[14:36] Rimpoche Kiama: kk
[14:36] Anden Tolsen: have we decided?
[14:37] Keokipele Ansar: I don't need a group specific to membership . . .
[14:37] Rimpoche Kiama: Well obviously yes. lol
[14:37] Keokipele Ansar: I mean aside from the main Festival Group
[14:37] Keokipele Ansar: hehehe
[14:37] Keokipele Ansar: I mean I don't need one for "staff"
[14:37] Stryker Jenkins: only if needed. and if you ask me its up to the chairs to setup there own groups if and when they so desire
[14:37] Rimpoche Kiama: how bout this:
[14:37] Anden Tolsen: So far Security has their own group
[14:37] Rimpoche Kiama: stryker get outta my head.
[14:37] Rimpoche Kiama: lol
[14:38] Stryker Jenkins: hi hi hi
[14:38] Rimpoche Kiama: Fair enough?
[14:38] Rimpoche Kiama: If you need funds, come talk to me. I'll donate the cost to create.
[14:38] Stryker Jenkins: well that's nice... but should we make rules for donations first?
[14:38] Anden Tolsen: Shouldnt the group be owned the Secodn Pride though
[14:38] LiLWayne Jupiter is Online
[14:38] Stryker Jenkins: not for team groups
[14:38] DarkShadowPrincess Huntress is Offline
[14:39] Anden Tolsen: ok
[14:39] Rimpoche Kiama: Would you feel more comfortable if I just make an up-front donation to SPAV?
[14:39] Stryker Jenkins: atleast not if you ask me
[14:39] Rimpoche Kiama: would that be more appropriate is what I'm asking I guess.
[14:40] Stryker Jenkins: well depents on who is paying for the team groups.
[14:40] Stryker Jenkins: if SP is paying then a donation is inorder... if the Chair pais himself then it's his responsibility
[14:41] Rimpoche Kiama: Do we need the SP av to create the groups, or do you feel it is acceptable for you (chair of yoru commitee) to do so?
[14:41] Rimpoche Kiama: it's 100L
[14:41] Rimpoche Kiama: that's like.....less than 20 cents.
[14:41] Rimpoche Kiama: lol
[14:42] Anden Tolsen: I think the SP avatar should own it so it can be used by future Chairs
[14:42] EagleWoman Lightfoot: my thought is, just to keep things on the up and up, SP creates and gives full power to current chairs, cochairs
[14:42] Anden Tolsen: so we dont need to again recreate groups
[14:42] Rimpoche Kiama: I concur.
[14:42] EagleWoman Lightfoot: which then get passed along to next year
[14:43] Rimpoche Kiama: I'll make a donation to SPAV....and if you require the group, contact me...if it doesn't already exist, SPAV will create (that was a motion)
[14:43] Keokipele Ansar: aye
[14:43] Anden Tolsen: because if a current chair pays for the group then they become the "owner" of the group
[14:43] Rimpoche Kiama: Keo is that a second? lolol

_________________
Anden Tolsen
Secretary (Co Chair), SP 2010
andentolsen@secondpridefestival.com
www.secondpride.com
avatar
Anden Tolsen
SP10 Secretary (Co-Chair)


Back to top Go down

SP10 Committee Meeting Dialogue July 19, 2009 (cont)

Post  Anden Tolsen on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:53 am

[14:43] Keokipele Ansar: aye second aye
[14:43] Rimpoche Kiama: ok all in favore aye
[14:43] Rimpoche Kiama: or Y
[14:43] Marcus Steeplechase: y
[14:43] Rimpoche Kiama: y
[14:43] Stryker Jenkins: y
[14:43] EagleWoman Lightfoot: y
[14:43] Anden Tolsen: y
[14:44] Rimpoche Kiama: ok
[14:44] Stryker Jenkins: I do require a notecard of any and all transactions to the SP av on this matter
[14:44] Rimpoche Kiama: I've just donated 5K. We're good for now. Smile
[14:44] Rimpoche Kiama: Now I have to motion to adjour, but first....would it be in the interest to meet an hour earlier next week?
[14:44] Stryker Jenkins: please send a notecard with the trasnactions details to me
[14:45] Rimpoche Kiama: kk
[14:45] Stryker Jenkins: kefir told last week he was unsure if he could make that due to work
[14:45] Anden Tolsen: I wont be able to attend next week
[14:45] Stryker Jenkins: or kiroja... don't know
14:45] Rimpoche Kiama: ok.
[14:45] Stryker Jenkins: I would
[14:45] Anden Tolsen: But in general i think it would be great if we could move up our meetings by an hour
[14:46] Rimpoche Kiama: Marcus can you handle the event without further meetings? Can we switch to consultation via the forums/e-mails for a week or two?
[14:46] Marcus Steeplechase: well --excpet for the spnsor and renting of sims
[14:46] Marcus Steeplechase: where does sponsor send the mney/
[14:46] Rimpoche Kiama: Stryker?
[14:46] EagleWoman Lightfoot: wb Kiro
[14:46] Kiroja Fluffy: hi again
[14:47] Rimpoche Kiama: Would the sponsor send the money to the treasurer or the SP av?
[14:47] Marcus Steeplechase: i have a notecard with all the sim rental info that LL requires
[14:47] Rimpoche Kiama: or directly to LL?
[14:47] Stryker Jenkins: directly to the SP avatar for now . Afterwarts I need a full transaction detail notecard stating name and pourpose of the transaction
[14:48] Rimpoche Kiama: ok.
[14:48] Marcus Steeplechase: i got that already
[14:48] Stryker Jenkins: as soon as the kioskes are ready we need to ONLY use them for payments!
[14:48] Marcus Steeplechase: but the queston is...
[14:48] Marcus Steeplechase: does the SP avatar then have the teraform rights?
[14:48] Marcus Steeplechase: those rights hanve to be given to a few people
[14:49] Marcus Steeplechase: and immediately upon receipt of the sims
[14:49] Stryker Jenkins: then the group needs to be set on the land and the build team have terrafroming rights
[14:49] Rimpoche Kiama: I have to leave guys....really sorry....Anden can take over from here.
[14:49] Rimpoche Kiama: See you soon! Smile And great work today!
[14:49] Keokipele Ansar: Estate manager rights?
[14:49] Marcus Steeplechase: yes
[14:49] Stryker Jenkins: no estate manger rights
[14:49] Keokipele Ansar: why not?
[14:49] Stryker Jenkins: unless you rent a island
[14:50] Marcus Steeplechase: oh right
[14:50] Marcus Steeplechase: this is mainland
[14:50] Kiroja Fluffy: the owner can appoint more estate managers
[14:50] Stryker Jenkins: and I don't know the price of them
[14:50] Marcus Steeplechase: 50 bucks per sim per day
[14:50] Stryker Jenkins: not if we rent mainland sims
[14:50] Kiroja Fluffy: but EM rights are not needed for the setup of pride
[14:50] Marcus Steeplechase: as opsed to 3K per day
[14:50] Marcus Steeplechase: for manland
[14:50] EagleWoman Lightfoot: Kiro, this is about the event next month
[14:51] Kiroja Fluffy: oh my bad
[14:51] EagleWoman Lightfoot: hehe
[14:51] EagleWoman Lightfoot: just catching you up
[14:51] Marcus Steeplechase: can the SP avatar just sell the sims for 0 linden to a group?
[14:51] Anden Tolsen: So what do you need a decision on Marcus?
[14:51] Stryker Jenkins: Anden we need to set up 1 contact between the committee and LL so wires don't get crossed in the end
[14:51] Marcus Steeplechase: just something so that the moment the sms appear, the team can get to work
[14:52] Marcus Steeplechase: *sims
[14:52] Marcus Steeplechase: there is only a 2 day window
[14:52] Marcus Steeplechase: before the event
[14:52] Anden Tolsen: ok got it
[14:52] Anden Tolsen: Marcus do you want to be point person with LL or should we have Rim be?
[14:53] Anden Tolsen: since he needs to speak to them anyway
[14:53] Marcus Steeplechase: Rim is fine, or Stryker
[14:53] Anden Tolsen: regarding other issues
[14:53] Stryker Jenkins: better someone in the USA...
[14:53] Marcus Steeplechase: so ok, i'l talk to Rim then
[14:53] Anden Tolsen: ok great
[14:54] Anden Tolsen: and as soon as the deal is made...Marcus will send Rim the list of names that need EM rights
[14:54] Marcus Steeplechase: i will send anythinf related to Stryker tho, as far as the sponsorship issue
[14:54] Anden Tolsen: so they can begin building
[14:54] Marcus Steeplechase: this will be the only event where the buildngs are already done
[14:54] Stryker Jenkins: well please have rim find out what the sim renting posibilities are at such short notice
[14:55] Marcus Steeplechase: already did that, stryker
[14:55] Anden Tolsen: oh perfect
[14:55] Marcus Steeplechase: but sure, maybe there are other issues, but i;l pass them to rim
[14:55] Marcus Steeplechase: good idea
[14:55] Stryker Jenkins: I know the Mainland sims we rented up till now have NO Estate manager rights and it took upto 3 - 5 days for LL to respond to support tickets to schange the grass textures i.e.
[14:56] Marcus Steeplechase: and lindens only require 2 weeks notice
[14:56] Marcus Steeplechase: according to the LL website, you need to "check off" that terraforming rights must be given
[14:57] Stryker Jenkins: you realy are proactive Marcus... just don't have that atribute take you beond your tasks.
[14:57] Marcus Steeplechase: yup, realize that
[14:57] Anden Tolsen: Ok..so are we good on this topic?
[14:58] Marcus Steeplechase: and i put that on the list for Rim for LL
[14:58] Anden Tolsen: Great
[14:58] Anden Tolsen: Shall we move to table remaining items and adjourn?
[14:58] Marcus Steeplechase puts head on table
[14:59] EagleWoman Lightfoot pets Marc's head
[14:59] Stryker Jenkins: second
[14:59] Keokipele Ansar: aye
[14:59] EagleWoman Lightfoot: hehe
[14:59] Anden Tolsen: aye
[14:59] Anden Tolsen: next meeting Aug 2 11am slt?
[14:59] Anden Tolsen: does that work for everyone?
[14:59] Stryker Jenkins: y
[15:00] EagleWoman Lightfoot: July 26?
[15:00] Marcus Steeplechase: y, if i can't make it eagle is fuly apprised
[15:00] Marcus Steeplechase: assuming she can make it
[15:00] Marcus Steeplechase: lol
[15:00] Anden Tolsen: lol
[15:00] EagleWoman Lightfoot: no meeting next week?
[15:00] Anden Tolsen: Rim, suggested we take next sunday off
[15:00] Stryker Jenkins: eh... why not next week?
[15:00] Stryker Jenkins: ah..
[15:00] Keokipele Ansar: I'm good for either week, or both
[15:01] Anden Tolsen: but if you all want to hold a meeting..we can
[15:01] Marcus Steeplechase: i'd like to see us realy use forums then, if next meeting isn't til aug 2
[15:01] Anden Tolsen: i know we all have a lot to work on
[15:01] Anden Tolsen: and can communicate updates through emails or the forum..
[15:02] Anden Tolsen: Everyone ok with that?
[15:02] Stryker Jenkins: talking about the forum... Anden can you make an "archife 2010" sometime
[15:02] Keokipele Ansar: agreed . . . for Aug. 2 with forum / email comunication . . .
[15:02] Anden Tolsen: we do have one
[15:02] Anden Tolsen: great
[15:02] Anden Tolsen: agreed?
[15:02] Kiroja Fluffy: aye
[15:02] Keokipele Ansar: aye
[15:03] Marcus Steeplechase: y
[15:03] Anden Tolsen: Stryker?
[15:03] Stryker Jenkins: only if it's worth useing that
[15:03] Marcus Steeplechase: and kiro, in the next week or so we can meet about the august event?
[15:03] Marcus Steeplechase: separate from the parade meetings...
[15:03] Kiroja Fluffy nods
[15:03] Anden Tolsen: great
[15:04] Anden Tolsen: then we are adjourned! yay!
[15:04] Kiroja Fluffy: just lemme know what works for you
[15:04] Marcus Steeplechase: ;>)
[15:04] Marcus Steeplechase: ok

_________________
Anden Tolsen
Secretary (Co Chair), SP 2010
andentolsen@secondpridefestival.com
www.secondpride.com
avatar
Anden Tolsen
SP10 Secretary (Co-Chair)


Back to top Go down

Re: SP10 Committee Meeting Minutes July 19, 2009

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum