Latest topics
» wholemega fish oil
Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:49 am by Guest

» noclegi wroclaw centrum
Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:20 pm by Guest

» dabki noclegi
Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:46 pm by Guest

» Yoga Bound Mind Body Medicine
Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:03 pm by Guest

» 
Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:30 am by Guest

» hotele turcja opinie
Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:51 pm by Guest

» ilawa pokoje do wynajecia
Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm by Guest

» tuna fish oil
Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:19 am by Guest

» new online casino games
Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:03 am by Guest

Affiliates
Amnesty International
------------
Second Life
 
Log in

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 16 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:17 am

SP10 Committee Meeting Minutes July 12, 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SP10 Committee Meeting Minutes July 12, 2009

Post  Anden Tolsen on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:01 am

Second Pride 2010
Committee Meeting Minutes July 12, 2009
12:00pm SLT SP Headquarters



Committee Members:
Present: Rimpoche Kiama, Anden Tolsen, Kiroja Fluffy, Stryker Jenkins, Marcus Steeplechase, Kefir Lamont, and Keokipele Ansar

Others Present:
Zack Preminger, DannielScarlet Destiny, and EagleWoman Lightfoot

Proceedings:
Meeting called to order at 12:00pm SLT by Chair, Rimpoche Kiama
No prior to minutes to approve

Presiding Chairs Report
This is possibly the biggest year that our organization will face. What we are proposing to do is change the face of pride in the SL grid from an organization that has exposure to the GLBTQF community to every single resident. In the past years, pride has gone through a difficult birthing process. It has experienced its share of shaken thunder, painful and sometimes frightening changes. But thanks to the experience and hard work of people like Zack and DanielScarlet (among others too numerous to mention but to whom we are grateful!) the basis of the organization has been set. The foundation is complete. It's time for us now to build on that foundation and realize what Pride is meant to be: A first step organization within SL that is here to educate, entertain, and support the community inside and outside of SL. We can accomplish this by staying in the public eye by being a positive force in SL. I don't believe in chance. Each of you was elected to this position because you have the talent and drive to bring this dream forward, present, and active. What we do this year will be a model for pride committees to come. I promise you, a committee, and a community, the following: I will always be honest. If I find that I have lied, I will apologize and set the truth straight. If it's a duck, I will call it a duck. I will not tell lies intentionally or maliciously. I will give you all the respect you deserve: most of you have far more experience than I do! I'm here to lead, but also to learn. I will be the best lightning rod I can be. I will do my best to deflect any dramatics, antics, and general tomfoolery from you so that you can do your jobs to the best of your ability. I will do my best to support and guide your vision without drowning your ideas. This is a collective vision. I have an idea, but I want that idea to be the kindling you build the fire from. I'll keep the fires burning. I will do my best to leave the thunder behind. I am flawed. I make mistakes regularly. I'm just a little guy doing the best he can with what he's got. Recently, some dramatics surfaced about a chair's selection of co-chair. I want to say a couple of things regarding this:
1. I respect the right of a chair to select their team and operate autonomously within the committee. The only time I will interfere is in the case of gross incompetence. I expect 110% from everyone, including myself. Shoot for the stars...we might miss, but we'll hit the moon.
2. Although I will respect the opinions and views of the ambassadors, I will not tolerate at any course of the year an ambassador attempting to enforce their views through coercion, lying, or bullying.
3. I will not hide from the truth. I know this will probably make me a very unpopular person this year! But I'm not going to participate in drama. The best way to deal with an issue is to just talk about it, get it out on the table, and resolve it. My experience tells me that people are not inclined to do this because they know they've been caught in a lie. Having said that, I want to now publicly support Kefir Lamont as Security Chair. I have heard nothing but raves from past members to his skills and abilities. I am confident that you and Vixen are not only talented, but also capable of your job. Should you require any assistance this year, I know that you will be able to count on the full support of this committee. I do not, nor will I, believe the comments that have been directed to me regarding your reputation or quality of work. You're going to be great. If we are not united, this endeavor will fail. To those who would attempt to bring us down because of their own selfish designs, I give you this warning: We act united as a committee in a greater community. We see and know you for what you are. We do not condemn you for what you are, for we know and understand that this is the only way you have ever known. However, we hope that through our actions you will understand that there is a better way that includes peace and serenity. We will not choose your road because it is destructive and designed to fail. We have chosen a road to success through co-operation, understanding, and the desire to become something greater as individuals and as a collective. You may choose to join us, but you must leave behind the hate, fear, and dramatics. These are tools that have no place with us. We will always welcome you. As Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "The key to acting with integrity is to simply stop playing the game." If we are to step onto the SL stage and perhaps, the world stage, we must act with integrity. I'm excited to have each of you on this team. I love each of your energies, your passions, and your desire to excel. Stryker, you have the amazing combination of a logical mathematician with the passionate drive of an artist. This is rare! You're going to bring a beautiful melodic logic to this table. Keo, you have the heart of a very old soul. Your spirit touches people in a way that makes you perfect for your job. I feel like in a different place, it would be appropriate to call you Grandfather. Marcus...what can I say that I haven't already: the two of us in the same room at the same time is a dangerous combination. I look forward to scaring people with you my friend. Kiroja! I'm looking forward to knowing you here, and through your work. I have heard brilliant things about your work, and I will be the first to admit that as a builder myself, I will probably be jealous and learn a thing or two at the same time. Anden...you're going to be my best friend for the next year. Where I feel that I excel in the creativity and inspiration, you compliment with your organization and attention to detail. I could not have asked for a more perfect co-chair. Right brain, left-brain. And to the empty seat, I believe there is no such thing as an accident or a co-incident. The person whos meant to be here will fill this chair, and their skills will compliment the others that sit around this table to make the 2010 team stellar.

Financial Chairs Report
-Stryker informed the committee of his program he purchased to help download the transaction history of the Second Pride avatar. This program helps in collecting and finding data quickly.
-Stryker will initially submit reports every first Friday of the month and then will increase to bi-weekly or even weekly reports when the amount of data (i.e. donations) increases.
-Due to the limitations of Google Documents, Stryker is unable to link the secondpride.com website to the Google Documents page.
-The initial financial report shows a starting balance of L$0 and all recurring expenses of the Second Pride Organization. That can be found on the Second Pride website posted under Public Financial Reports.
-In 2009, L$1,873,624 was collected and then transferred to Linden Labs for Amnesty International Outfront. Linden Labs deducted an L$249 conversion fee, resulting in a total donation of $6,717.96 USD.
-Recurring Second Pride expenses amount to L$168,000 or $76 USD.
-Rimpoche shared that for accountability purposes the Treasurer is required to closed RL name and home address. These records are confidential and not be disclosed to anyone
-Stryker proposed 4 actions for the committee to vote on:
I request that the committee votes on the release of the Financial start document (in full) on the Secondpride.com website in the public financial forum.
I request that the committee clears the publication of the financial reports in PDF format on the Secondpride.com website in the public financial forum in the current layout.
I request that the committee chairs supply there budget projections a.s.a.p.
I request that the committee talks in a meeting on a later date about the way we report / track expanses from the committee chairs. As well as other rules and regulation regarding spending money or receiving funds / object donations.
-Stryker Jenkins MOTIONED that the Committee approves the publication of the financial reports in PDF format on the Secondpride.com website in the public financial forum. Kefir Lomant second. Passed unanimously.
-Stryker will publish financial records on public forum no later then July 13, 2009.

Events Management Chairs Report
-Marcus stated his limitations to accessing information from the previous Events Chair, as there was frequent turn the previous festival year.
-Stryker provided brief background on his knowledge of previous Event Chairs and his personal involvement in Events department.
-Marcus and EagleWoman confirmed that they have done preliminary planning.
-Marcus and Kiroja came to the agreement that Security will continue to have full lists of performers/DJs and access to media severs like previous year. Departments will work together to ensure that miscommunication incidents like previous years will not happen again.
- The committee discussed the current procedure for clubs/venues wanting to use the Second Pride name, kiosk, and logo for "official" Second Pride fundraiser. Marcus is to draft a proposal for any party wanting to host an official Second Pride fundraiser and present at next Committee Meeting.
-Marcus informed the committee that his department has held their first department meeting and had 7 in attendance. Marcus stressed the importance to have a diverse "group of contacts".
-Committee discussed the possibility of the committee itself acting as "contacts" and having a "hands on approach"
-Marcus introduced information about DJ World, an in world group that has over 200 DJs. However, as Kiroja pointed out, this group is limited to a certain type/style and dont necessarily represent all of the LGBTF community. -Rimpoche suggested that the SP avatar create a special group for the Entertainers of Second Pride. Stryker recommends that we create a new role within the current Second Pride Festival group.
-Marcus and Kiroja are to draft up a master list of entertainers and discuss a communication forum that will work best. -Marcus presented to the committee the goals, responsibilities and appointments of the department.
-Goals:
(1) To work with other committees to ensure that SP 2010 is a successful and seamless venture.
(2) To design and deliver events that is popular and attracts people from the greater GLBT community.
(3) To provide forums, discussions, RL speakers and other activities that is educational, relevant, and attracts participants.
(4) To integrate the merchants and sponsors into the events schedule and better promote their contributions to SP 2010.
(5) To highlight the diversity of the GLBT community in Second Life.
-Responsibilities:
(1) To work on events and an events schedule for the Festival.
(2) To organize the parade at the beginning of the Festival (if there is a parade) (3) to recommend SP events during the course of the year, and help ensure that they are successful endeavors.
(4) To assist groups such as clubs in holding their own SP-approved fundraisers during the year.
-Appointments
(1) The co-chair for this committee will be Eaglewoman Lightfoot. She will also be the 2010 Parade Marshall, if we in fact have a big parade event.
-Stryker informs the committee that a Security Group already exists and is owned by Second Pride.
-Stryker MOTIONED to place Group Use/Creation on the next committee meeting agenda. Rimpoche Second. Passed Unanimously.


Security Chairs Report
-Kefir announced that he appointed Vixus Snowpaw his Co-Chair.
-Stryker informed the committee that he plans to utilize the pre-existing Second Pride Security group to communicate and assign roles amongst his department. Rimpoche is to invite him to the group and assign him Chair rights.
-Kefir and Vixus will be meeting to revise the current Second Pride sim rules this week and plan to have a draft by the next committee meeting.
-Kefir has not yet begun the recruiting process for his department. He will be sending out a notice to all previous volunteers requesting their participation again.
-Stryker discussed the situation with Madison and she will not be involved with the Security team this year.

Building Chairs Report
-Kiroja announced that he has appointed Agent Strangelove as Building Co Chair and requested that he have access to the committee forums and documents.
-Kiroja requested that SP10 Theme be placed on next weeks agenda.
-Kiroja and committee discussed the pros and cons of have 6 Sims vs. 4 Sims.
-Kiroja MOTIONED to vote on the number of Sims that Second Pride will use this year. Kefir Lamont second. 6 Ayes: 1 Nay, voted in favor of 6 Sims.

_________________
Anden Tolsen
Secretary (Co Chair), SP 2010
andentolsen@secondpridefestival.com
www.secondpride.com
avatar
Anden Tolsen
SP10 Secretary (Co-Chair)


Back to top Go down

SP10 Committee Meeting Minutes July 12, 2009 (cont)

Post  Anden Tolsen on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:05 am

Membership Chairs Report
-Keokipele has not finalized a Co-Chair at this time. He will be following up with potential candidates this week.
- Keokipele hopes to finalize a Sponsor document to propose to the committee that outlines sponsorship levels, benefit choices and their associated "donations."
- Keokipele has looked into both hippoGROUPs and Subscribe-o-matic as a way to develop an ongoing membership base that will allow the committee to keep better track of Second Pride "general" membership -- those interested in our efforts and the Festival itself.
-Keokipele has not heard back from hippo Technologies regarding the possibility of a "free" / non-profit status version of hippoGROUPS. However, given his research, his recommendation would be to go with Subscribe-o-matic anyway. It more than adequately suits the needs of the organization in terms of messaging to our membership.
-Keokipele explains that Subscribe-o-Matic has agreed to give us non-profit status with their subscription service. What this means to us:
1. Unlimited messaging (available on all of their subscriptions).
2. Unlimited members (up to 500 free subscribers for anyone using the service, unlimited commercial subscription would be L$5,990/month--hippoGROUPs for up to 500 members is L$500/month).
3. Unlimited number of kiosks rezzed in world.
4. Capability to give note card or object to subscriber when touched (would be a great way to give out general Second Pride Info as well as Sponsor Package info.
-Keokipele asks the committee to consider the following:
1. The Second Pride avatar should acquire the subscribe-o-matic package from XStreetSL.
2. The Second Pride avatar should set up the group and then contact Mso Lambert at Subscribe-o-matic to set the group to non-profit status.
3. Determine which committee members should be added as operators to have access to the control panel for sending out subscriber messages. Control panel needs to remain rezzed in world if it is configured to hand out automatically an object or note card when an avatar subscribes. HQ would be the place to do this, and perhaps moved to Festival Sims during actual Festival Week. Messages are sent out via the control panel object.
4. Determine which committee members should be given the account login information for access to the account on the webif any, other than Second Pride avatar and whoever has control of him.
5. Members of any existing Second Pride group (for example, Second Pride Festival 2009 group) can be migrated to the SOM group provided the founder of the in world group grants permission for doing so through Mso Lambert
(Also requires an invitation be given to Synthetik Infinity to the in world group for access to the membership). A notice should go out to that membership to let them know that we are doing this and that they can unsubscribe by touching a kiosk.
In order to maintain a consistent and ongoing presence with membership from year to year:
1.I propose that we move forward with the subscribe-o-matic service and create Second Pride Group that will be an ongoing group from this year forward.
2. I propose then that we decide on a single in-world group that the subscribe o matic group takes the name of and this group is solely for the general membership of Second Pride to maintain a consistent record of members
-Zack reminded the committee that the Second Pride avatar has a numerous amount of groups available should we need to use any of them. Anden will email the list of groups to all the Chairs.
-Further discussion of Groups has been tabled till the next meeting.

New Business
-Co Chairs: Rimpoche MOTIONED that all Co Chairs are welcome to attend committee meetings and will only be authorized to vote in the absence of the Chair. No Second. 6 Ayes:0 Nays: 1 No Vote.
-Leland Ansar has resigned as SP10 Marketing Chair effective immediately. The committee discussed what the course of action would be for replacing Leland.
-Rimpoche MOTIONED that all current committee members will act as Marketing Chair until one has been elected. Keokipele second. 6 Ayes: 0 Nays: 1 No Vote
-The committee has decided to hold a special election to replace Leland as Marketing Chair. Keokipele and Anden will run point in the election process.
- Anden Tolsen MOTIONED that all remaining agenda items be tabled until the next meeting and we adjourn. Keokipele Second. Passed Unanimously.

Meeting adjourned at 2:58 p.m SLT
Next Meeting July 19, 2009 12 p.m SLT
Minutes submitted by Anden Tolsen, Secretary


Last edited by Anden Tolsen on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Anden Tolsen
Secretary (Co Chair), SP 2010
andentolsen@secondpridefestival.com
www.secondpride.com
avatar
Anden Tolsen
SP10 Secretary (Co-Chair)


Back to top Go down

SP10 Committee Meeting Dialogue July 12, 2009

Post  Anden Tolsen on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:08 am

SECOND PRIDE 2010
COMMITTEE MTG DIALOGUE
JULY 12, 2009 12PM SLT


[12:06] Rimpoche Kiama: Folks, let's start.
[12:07] Rimpoche Kiama: Before we begin...
[12:07] Rimpoche Kiama: I'd like us all to take a moment of silence to reflect on where we've come from.... where we're going....
[12:07] Rimpoche Kiama: and to help us focus on where we are and what we're about to do now.
[12:08] Rimpoche Kiama: Welcome gang!
[12:08] Kefir Lamont: thanks
[12:09] Rimpoche Kiama: Before we get going on things I thought we could maybe start with something different. It's an exercise in positive enforcement. We'll just go around the table and each of us in 50 words or less will say one thing great that's happened in the last day or so.... if you can't think of anything, just say YAY I'm happy to be alive...hehe
[12:09] Rimpoche Kiama: So for me.... I went on an amazing garden tour, visited a cherry orchard, and got way too familiar with some cherries.
[12:09] Rimpoche Kiama: Anden...GO! Smile
[12:10] Anden Tolsen: lol
[12:10] Anden Tolsen: YAY I m happy to be alive and now that I am back form vacation I get to play with my dogs that I havent seen in almost a week
[12:11] Keokipele Ansar: made much headway with Sponsor document and "group" subscription information and am happy to be alive!!
[12:11] Rimpoche Kiama: woot! Keo.... GO! Smile
[12:11] Rimpoche Kiama: WOOT!
[12:11] Rimpoche Kiama: Kiroja, GO!
[12:11] Kiroja Fluffy: just back from a fur meet, met a lot of new people, been a blast: 3
[12:11] Rimpoche Kiama: WOOT! Marcus, GO!
[12:11] Rimpoche Kiama: Hoooo!
[12:11] Marcus Steeplechase: I drove a friend to the airport at 5AM and there was no traffic.
[12:11] Marcus Steeplechase: And today is National Pecan Pie Day.
[12:11] Rimpoche Kiama: YAY!
[12:12] Rimpoche Kiama: DOUBLE YAY!
[12:12] Rimpoche Kiama: `*~*`WooT WooT`*~*`
[12:12] Rimpoche Kiama: Stryker, GO!
[12:12] Stryker Jenkins: Its been one of those years for me... I am just happy I was able to keep my personal pride going with SP09
[12:12] Rimpoche Kiama: `*~*`WooT WooT`*~*` Stryker!
[12:13] Rimpoche Kiama: OK Daniel, one thing positive about the last week for you, GO!
[12:13] DannielScarlet Destiny: Just rezzing
[12:13] DannielScarlet Destiny: ok...done Smile...ty all for asking me to join you
[12:13] Marcus Steeplechase: EEK!
[12:13] Stryker Jenkins: thats very personal
[12:13] Marcus Steeplechase: LOL
[12:13] Rimpoche Kiama: ok you've sat in Marcus' lap. Thats personal and positive.
[12:13] DannielScarlet Destiny: oooppsss
[12:14] Rimpoche Kiama: lol welcome. : D
[12:14] Marcus Steeplechase: ha ha
[12:14] Kiroja Fluffy: XD
[12:14] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok! I have some stuff that I've prepared for you guys.
[12:14] Rimpoche Kiama: This is possibly the biggest year that our organization will face. What we are proposing to do is change the face of pride in the SL grid from an organization that has exposure to the GLBTQF community to every single resident.
[12:15] Rimpoche Kiama: In the past years, pride has gone through a difficult birthing process. It has experienced its share of shaken thunder, painful and sometimes frightening changes.
[12:15] Rimpoche Kiama: But thanks to the experience and hard work of people like Zack and DanielScarlet (among others too numerous to mention but to whom we are grateful!) the basis of the organization has been set.
[12:15] Rimpoche Kiama: he foundation is complete. It's time for us now to build on that foundation and realize what Pride is meant to be: A first step organization within SL that is here to educate, entertain, and support the community inside and outside of SL.
[12:15] Rimpoche Kiama: The foundation...
[12:16] Rimpoche Kiama: We can accomplish this by staying in the public eye by being a positive force in SL. I don't believe in chance. Each of you was elected to this position because you have the talent and drive to bring this dream forward, present, and active. What we do this year will be a model for pride committees to come.
[12:16] Rimpoche Kiama: I promise you, a committee, and a community, the following:
[12:17] Rimpoche Kiama: I will always be honest. If I find that I have lied, I will apologize and set the truth straight. If it's a duck, I will call it a duck. I will not tell lies intentionally or maliciously.
[12:17] Rimpoche Kiama: I will give you all the respect you deserve: most of you have far more experience than I do! I'm here to lead, but also to learn.
[12:17] Rimpoche Kiama: I will be the best lightning rod I can be. I will do my best to deflect any dramatics, antics, and general tom foolery from you so that you can do your jobs to the best of your ability. I will do my best to support and guide your vision without drowning your ideas. This is a collective vision. I have an idea, but I want that idea to be the kindling you build the fire from. I'll keep the fires burning.
[12:18] Rimpoche Kiama: I will do my best to leave the thunder behind. I am flawed. I make mistakes regularly. I'm just a little guy doing the best he can with what he's got.
[12:18] Rimpoche Kiama: Now...
[12:18] Rimpoche Kiama: Recently, some dramatics surfaced about a chair's selection of co-chair. I want to say a couple of things regarding this:
[12:19] Rimpoche Kiama: 1. I respect the right of a chair to select their team and operate autonomously within the committee. The only time I will interfere is in the case of gross incompetence. I expect 110% from everyone, including myself. Shoot for the stars...we might miss, but we'll hit the moon.
[12:19] Rimpoche Kiama: 2. Although I will respect the opinions and views of the ambassadors, I will not tolerate at any course of the year an ambassador attempting to enforce their views through cohersion, lying, or bullying.
[12:20] Rimpoche Kiama: 3. I will not hide from the truth. I know this will probably make me a very unpopular person this year! But I'm not going to participate in drama. The best way to deal with an issue is to just talk about it, get it out on the table, and resolve it. My experience tells me that people are not inclined to do this because they know they've been caught in a lie.
[12:21] Rimpoche Kiama: Having said that, I want to now publicly support Kefir Lamont as Security Chair. I have heard nothing but raves from past members to his skills and abilities. I am confident that you and Vixen are not only talented, but also capable of doing your job.
[12:21] Rimpoche Kiama: Should you require any assistance this year, I know that you will be able to count on the full support of this committee. I do not, nor will I, believe the comments that have been directed to me regarding your reputation or quality of work. You're going to be great, Kiddo. : D
[12:21] Rimpoche Kiama: If we are not united, this endeavor will fail. To those who would attempt to bring us down because of their own selfish designs, I give you this warning: We act united as a committee in a greater community.
[12:22] Rimpoche Kiama: We see and know you for what you are. We do not condemn you for what you are, for we know and understand that this is the only way you have ever known. However, we hope that through our actions you will understand that there is a better way that includes peace and serenity.
[12:22] Rimpoche Kiama: We will not choose your road because it is destructive and designed to fail. We have chosen a road to success through co-operation, understanding, and the desire to become something greater as individuals and as a collective. You may choose to join us, but you must leave behind the hate, fear, and dramatics.
[12:22] Rimpoche Kiama: These are tools that have no place with us. We will always welcome you. As Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "The key to acting with integrity is to simply stop playing the game." If we are to step onto the SL stage and perhaps, the world stage, we must act with integrity.
[12:23] Rimpoche Kiama: I'm excited to have each of you on this team. I love each of your energies, your passions, and your desire to excel.
[12:23] Rimpoche Kiama: Stryker, you have the amazing combination of a logical mathematician with the passionate drive of an artist. This is rare! You're going to bring a beautiful melodic logic to this table.
[12:23] Rimpoche Kiama: Kefir, I said it already. We believe in you. We believe in you. We believe in you. We believe in you.
[12:24] Rimpoche Kiama: Keo, you have the heart of a very old soul. Your spirit touches people in a way that makes you perfect for your job. I feel like in a different place, it would be appropriate to call you Grandfather.
[12:24] Rimpoche Kiama: Marcus...what can I say that I haven't already: the two of us in the same room at the same time is a dangerous combination. I look forward to scaring people with you my friend.
[12:24] Keokipele Ansar: I am old enough to be your grandfather . . . almost Smile)
[12:24] Rimpoche Kiama: lolol but not quite. : D
[12:24] Stryker Jenkins: lol
[12:24] Rimpoche Kiama: Kiroja! I'm looking forward to knowing you here, and through your work. I have heard brilliant things about your work, and I will be the first to admit that as a builder myself, I will probably be jealous and learn a thing or two from you at the same time.
[12:25] Rimpoche Kiama: Anden...you're going to be my best friend for the next year. Where I feel that I excel in the creativity and inspiration, you compliment with your organization and attention to detail. I could not have asked for a more perfect co-chair. Right brain, left-brain.
[12:25] Rimpoche Kiama: And to the empty seat, I believe there is no such thing as an accident or a co-incident. The person whos meant to be here will fill this chair, and their skills will compliment the others that sit around this table to make the 2010 team stellar.
[12:25] Rimpoche Kiama: Folks, I am and always shall remain your humble servant.
[12:25] Rimpoche Kiama: Thank you.
[12:25] Keokipele Ansar: wohoo ^^
[12:26] Rimpoche Kiama: So basically it's going to be formal/informal. Lol
[12:26] DannielScarlet Destiny smiles
[12:26] Marcus Steeplechase: plus the occasional whooping if we get out of line
[12:26] Marcus Steeplechase: ;>)
[12:26] Rimpoche Kiama: We have prepared reports that we'll hear from, and if people have question, just wait until the reporter says "thank you" to conclude n' then ask away.
[12:26] Rimpoche Kiama: LOL
[12:26] Kiroja Fluffy: I like informal, less fluff to cut through to the point
[12:26] Rimpoche Kiama: And I encourage you all to get out of line!!!
[12:26] Rimpoche Kiama: Thinking outside the box is a good thing.
[12:27] Rimpoche Kiama: So.... lets start with Stryker's report!
[12:27] Stryker Jenkins: thanks... right to business then.
[12:27] Stryker Jenkins: Financial report 2009-07-12
[12:27] Stryker Jenkins: As treasurer for Second Pride I made an investment in a program to help download the transaction history of the Second Pride avatar. This program helps in collecting and finding data quickly.
[12:27] Stryker Jenkins: I plan on making monthly reports when the amount of data is little and increase that to bi-weekly or even weekly reports when the amount of data (i.e. donations) increases. For now I will do a monthly report on the first Friday of every month.
[12:28] Stryker Jenkins: I will upload the PDF files to the Google docs pages and share them with everyone. Sadly the Google docs pages do not allow the publication of PDF files, so I can not make link form our secondpride.com website to the Google docs page. I will therefore also upload the PDF files to my personal Internet site so I can link them from there.


Last edited by Anden Tolsen on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Anden Tolsen
Secretary (Co Chair), SP 2010
andentolsen@secondpridefestival.com
www.secondpride.com
avatar
Anden Tolsen
SP10 Secretary (Co-Chair)


Back to top Go down

SP10 Committee Meeting Dialogue July 12, 2009 (cont)

Post  Anden Tolsen on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:09 am

[12:28] Stryker Jenkins: I have made a Financial start document showing the starting balance was 0L$ and the recurring costs of the organization of Second Pride. I will not read that document out here.
[12:28] Stryker Jenkins: I expect you have or will read it in due time
[12:29] Stryker Jenkins: For Amnesty International Out-front office we collected and donated 1.873.624 L$ (Linden Dollar) Linden Labs was payed 249 L$ out of that sum in order to transfer that to cash making the total donation $6.717,96 USD
[12:29] Stryker Jenkins: For the recurring cost of Second Pride Festival I calculated (without extra expenses for objects or budget expenses) amount to: $ 76 USD* and 168.000 L$ (Linden Dollar).
[12:29] Stryker Jenkins: I have 4 requests to make to discuss / vote on:
[12:29] Stryker Jenkins: I request that the committee votes on the release of the Financial start document (in full) on the Secondpride.com website in the public financial forum.
[12:29] Stryker Jenkins: I request that the committee clears the publication of the financial reports in PDF format on the Secondpride.com website in the public financial forum in the current layout.
[12:29] Stryker Jenkins: I request that the committee chairs supply there budget projections a.s.a.p.
[12:30] Stryker Jenkins: I request that the committee talks in a meeting on a later date about the way we report / track expanses from the committee chairs. As well as other rules and regulation regarding spending money or receiving funds / object donations.
[12:30] Stryker Jenkins: [done] thank you, are there any questions?
[12:30] Marcus Steeplechase: is there data from last year, what the committees spent?
[12:30] Stryker Jenkins: no
[12:30] DannielScarlet Destiny: We only spent on Sims and a few small items
[12:31] Marcus Steeplechase: ah ok
[12:31] DannielScarlet Destiny: I should be able to get that for u
[12:31] Rimpoche Kiama: Danny can you maybe elaborate a bit on what happened with the past finance chair?
[12:31] DannielScarlet Destiny: sure
[12:32] DannielScarlet Destiny: Addison Mortlock when she began with us was great and did all ok.... unfortunately I am still unsure what happened
[12:32] DannielScarlet Destiny: she has not been on line for some time now
[12:32] DannielScarlet Destiny: should this committee require full data
[12:32] DannielScarlet Destiny: SP av can request it from LL
[12:32] DannielScarlet Destiny: and it will be e-mailed to Shawn Mission
[12:33] Stryker Jenkins: I have send her a note card requesting info she may have. That was received but got no reply
[12:33] DannielScarlet Destiny: Zack and I have done that since the festival too but as with you. No reply
[12:33] Stryker Jenkins: only "official" data I have is the info gathered from the Kiosk Nava Muni and myself made for last year
[12:33] Rimpoche Kiama: Something else the committee should note here:
[12:34] Rimpoche Kiama: For those that don't know, the treasurer's chair is required to give their full real life name and address for transparency.
[12:34] Stryker Jenkins: **CONFIDENTIAL INFO EDIT**
[12:34] Rimpoche Kiama: I'm in the process of attempting to contact Addison via registered mail this week.
[12:34] Stryker Jenkins: **CONFIDENTIAL INFO EDIT**
[12:34] Stryker Jenkins: **CONFIDENTIAL INFO EDIT**
[12:34] Stryker Jenkins: **CONFIDENTIAL INFO EDIT**
[12:34] Stryker Jenkins: **CONFIDENTIAL INFO EDIT**
[12:34] Rimpoche Kiama: **CONFIDENTIAL INFO EDIT**
[12:34] Stryker Jenkins: That's me
[12:35] Rimpoche Kiama: Any more questions?
[12:35] Stryker Jenkins: **CONFIDENTIAL INFO EDIT**
[12:35] Rimpoche Kiama: And no heavy breathing calls please.
[12:35] Marcus Steeplechase: rofl
[12:35] Kiroja Fluffy: aww
[12:35] DannielScarlet Destiny: lol
[12:35] Rimpoche Kiama: lol
[12:36] Stryker Jenkins: Request the data of my address are NOT to be made public in the minutes of the meeting
[12:36] Rimpoche Kiama: yes that should be emphasized here.
[12:36] Rimpoche Kiama: This is confidential.
[12:36] Rimpoche Kiama: for our eyes-only.
[12:37] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok if there are no more questions...?
[12:37] Anden Tolsen: I will be sure not to include in the minutes
[12:37] Rimpoche Kiama: I'd like to move that we vote on the first two items now, if everyone has seen the documents mentioned, and move that we delay the last two items until next meeting.
[12:37] Stryker Jenkins: Getting back to the four items I request to be discussed. How do you want to proceed there?
[12:37] Rimpoche Kiama: lol ok cart before the horse...but there ya go Stryker! : D
[12:38] Stryker Jenkins: Hoooo!
[12:38] Rimpoche Kiama: first, has everyone seen the documentation/
[12:38] Rimpoche Kiama?
[12:38] Marcus Steeplechase: y
[12:38] Keokipele Ansar: y
[12:38] Rimpoche Kiama: ok.... can I get an amen? (Someone second?)
[12:38] Anden Tolsen:
[12:29] Stryker Jenkins: I request that the committee votes on the release of the Financial start document (in full) on the Secondpride.com website in the public financial forum.
[12:29] Stryker Jenkins: I request that the committee clears the publication of the financial reports in PDF format on the Secondpride.com website in the public financial forum in the current layout.
[12:39] Stryker Jenkins: I request the vote because peoples names will be named publicly with that...
[12:39] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok. Will someone second the motion?
[12:39] Kiroja Fluffy: Dan crashed
[12:39] Kefir Lamont: I Second
[12:40] Rimpoche Kiama: I told Dan that I'd make sure n' get notes to him...bad computer day. Sad
[12:40] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok! All in favor, type y now
[12:40] Rimpoche Kiama: y
[12:40] Kefir Lamont: y
[12:40] Kiroja Fluffy: aye
[12:40] Marcus Steeplechase: y
[12:40] Stryker Jenkins: y
[12:40] Keokipele Ansar: aye
[12:40] Anden Tolsen: aye
[12:40] Rimpoche Kiama: all opposed type nay or n now
[12:40] Rimpoche Kiama: ...
[12:40] Rimpoche Kiama: passed unanimously.
[12:40] Rimpoche Kiama: Well done Stryker!
[12:40] Kefir Lamont: lol
[12:40] Rimpoche Kiama: Good job from all of us.
[12:40] Stryker Jenkins: ok... will be up later today / tomorrow then
[12:41] Rimpoche Kiama: kk.
[12:41] Stryker Jenkins: PDF was already published
[12:41] Rimpoche Kiama: We'll also make sure to include the other two items in the agenda for next meeting.
[12:41] Rimpoche Kiama: And if that's all, Marcus! You're on.
[12:41] Marcus Steeplechase: ok
[12:41] Marcus Steeplechase: thanks
[12:42] Marcus Steeplechase: I'm in a similar position as Stryker in terms of getting info from last year
[12:42] Marcus Steeplechase: I count 4 different Events chairs
[12:42] Rimpoche Kiama: *jaw drop*
[12:42] Marcus Steeplechase: poor Eagle had the position for 2 weeks, right before festival
[12:42] Kefir Lamont: sounds like me
[12:42] Stryker Jenkins: well I have a bit of background on that if need be
[12:42] Marcus Steeplechase: and neither of us were handed any notes or info
[12:43] Marcus Steeplechase: I got some info from Dan, but if you want to share Stryker, feel free
[12:44] Stryker Jenkins: well the first 2 Events managers (I hate chairs) got Ill and where unable to continue
[12:44] Marcus Steeplechase: ok
[12:44] Stryker Jenkins: and Eagle took over from the 3rd because he was not really into it
[12:44] Stryker Jenkins: it
[12:45] Marcus Steeplechase: well, it's interesting because upon election, the chair.manager.finds hmself/herself in the dark
[12:45] Stryker Jenkins: I did help Eagle a little with making posters for the kiosks and giving her some background info where needed
[12:45] Marcus Steeplechase: more on that another meeting
[12:45] Stryker Jenkins: so Events manager is a job with difficulties you could say...
[12:45] Marcus Steeplechase: I want to present event committee goals, responsibilities, and appointments
[12:45] Marcus Steeplechase: goals:
[12:46] Marcus Steeplechase: 1. To work with other committees to ensure that SP 2010 is a successful and seamless venture.
[12:46] Marcus Steeplechase: 2. To design and deliver events those are popular and attract people from the greater GLBT community.
[12:46] Marcus Steeplechase: 3. To provide forums, discussions, RL speakers and other activities that is educational, relevant, and attracts participants.
[12:46] Marcus Steeplechase: 4. To integrate the merchants and sponsors into the events schedule and better promote their contributions to SP 2010.
[12:46] Marcus Steeplechase: 5. To highlight the diversity of the GLBT community in Second Life.
[12:46] Marcus Steeplechase: I have no proposals here, but any questions?
[12:47] Marcus Steeplechase: *have no proposals
[12:47] Rimpoche Kiama: Marcus has you and eagle done any preliminate planning?
[12:47] Marcus Steeplechase: quite a bit
[12:47] Marcus Steeplechase: I have that coming up
[12:47] Rimpoche Kiama: (I'm moist) go on>: D
[12:47] Kefir Lamont raises a hand
[12:47] Marcus Steeplechase: kef/
[12:47] Marcus Steeplechase:
[12:48] Rimpoche Kiama: lol Kef you got a question?
[12:49] Kefir Lamont: when you say, "To work with other committees to ensure that SP 2010 is a successful and seamless venture" there was a bit of an issue last year between security and events. I know in previous festivals security chairs had full lists of who were to perform and access to change media serves
[12:49] Kefir Lamont: would that be an issue like last year if we were to continue on that track?
[12:49] Marcus Steeplechase: ahh ok that makes sense
[12:49] Marcus Steeplechase: well have to make sure to include that for this year
[12:50] Kiroja Fluffy: I'd like to comment on that
[12:50] Kefir Lamont: there was a missing performer last year, and when I was dealing with the issue, I go verbally scolded due to it not being a Security issue: P
[12:50] Kefir Lamont: I just do not wish for a repeat
[12:50] Marcus Steeplechase: ah, well these performers are like runaway brides, lots of drama

_________________
Anden Tolsen
Secretary (Co Chair), SP 2010
andentolsen@secondpridefestival.com
www.secondpride.com
avatar
Anden Tolsen
SP10 Secretary (Co-Chair)


Back to top Go down

SP10 Committee Meeting Dialogue July 12, 2009 (cont)

Post  Anden Tolsen on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:12 am

[12:50] Marcus Steeplechase: let's try to avoid that!
[12:50] Marcus Steeplechase: my promise
[12:50] Rimpoche Kiama: You want to vote on avoiding drama? : D
[12:51] Marcus Steeplechase: LOL
[12:51] Rimpoche Kiama: All in favor...lol...Kiroja?
[12:51] Kefir Lamont: LOL
[12:51] Rimpoche Kiama: You had a comment?
[12:51] Marcus Steeplechase: ok?
[12:51] Marcus Steeplechase: move on to responsibilities?
[12:51] Marcus Steeplechase: I am including this area, to make sure that we got it right in events
[12:51] Rimpoche Kiama: kk
[12:52] Marcus Steeplechase: here they are:
[12:52] Marcus Steeplechase: 1. To work on events and an events schedule during the Festival.
[12:52] Marcus Steeplechase: I mean FOR the festival
[12:52] Marcus Steeplechase: duh
[12:52] Marcus Steeplechase: not during
[12:52] Rimpoche Kiama: lolol
[12:52] Marcus Steeplechase: 2. To organize the parade at the beginning of the Festival (if there is a parade)
[12:52] Marcus Steeplechase: IF
[12:52] Kiroja Fluffy: I setup the stream management system last pride, I did ask who would need to be on the access list, I had to take a guess as no one was able to answer that question. The same system can be used next year, but suggest there'd be a list made with all those that need access for a more smooth operation
[12:52] Marcus Steeplechase: 3. To recommend SP events during the course of the year, and help ensure that they are successful endeavors.
[12:53] Marcus Steeplechase: 4. To assist groups such as clubs in holding their own SP-approved fundraisers during the year.
[12:53] Marcus Steeplechase: and that is them
[12:53] Marcus Steeplechase: questions?
[12:53] Rimpoche Kiama: Marcus you want to take a moment and read Kiroja's comment n' comment if you like?
[12:53] Stryker Jenkins: nope sounds about right
[12:54] Marcus Steeplechase: ok Kiro...I think that works, or should work
[12:54] Marcus Steeplechase: sorry no one could answer that question last year
[12:54] Stryker Jenkins: all a matter of good communications
[12:54] Kiroja Fluffy: more a reminder
[12:54] Marcus Steeplechase: yup
[12:55] Marcus Steeplechase: ok, do those responsibilities sound about right?
[12:55] Marcus Steeplechase: *sound
[12:55] Kefir Lamont nods
[12:55] Rimpoche Kiama: Right on track.
[12:55] Keokipele Ansar: ?
[12:55] Marcus Steeplechase: if so, i'll add them to a "kit" for next year's chair...
[12:56] Marcus Steeplechase: my last item for this part of agenda is Events appointments
[12:56] Marcus Steeplechase: The co-chair for this committee will be Eaglewoman Lightfoot. She will also be the 2010 Parade Marshall, if we in fact have a big parade event.
[12:56] Stryker Jenkins: just remember that every one can hold a fundraisor event... Even if they are not "approved" or work with this committee
[12:56] Marcus Steeplechase: whops
[12:56] Marcus Steeplechase: need to go back to what stryker said
[12:56] Marcus Steeplechase: ...
[12:56] Rimpoche Kiama: hehe
[12:56] Marcus Steeplechase: so anyone can say "this is for Second Pride"?
[12:57] Marcus Steeplechase: and hold a party?
[12:57] Stryker Jenkins: no... what I am saying everyone can donate... we don't / did not controle the way they want to do that
[12:58] Rimpoche Kiama: ok so anyone can say this is for second pride, rez a kiosk, and hold a party?
[12:58] Rimpoche Kiama: (one of ours, I mean?)
[12:58] Marcus Steeplechase: oh sure. but basicaly, if a club has a kiosk and wants to hold an event, they do contact us?
[12:58] Stryker Jenkins: if they want it to be official and want us to promote there party then they need our "approval"
[12:58] Marcus Steeplechase: or do they say "guess what -we had an event"
[12:58] Marcus Steeplechase: ok, i got it
[12:59] Kefir Lamont: I think they should contact us, as our NPO is TM, including kiosks, logo's and name.
[12:59] Rimpoche Kiama: Marcus, how would you like to work up a working document for people that'd like sponsorship?
[12:59] Keokipele Ansar: I think if we put it out there, we do it on the website and through group notices that if anyone wants to hold a fundraiser, they start by contacting the Events Chair . . .
[12:59] Stryker Jenkins: atleast that's the way we did it... we can decide to cahnge taht
[12:59] Rimpoche Kiama: Something we could forward to clubs maybe?
[12:59] Rimpoche Kiama: lol what Keo said. Very Happy
[12:59] Keokipele Ansar: and we can do direct solicitation of clubs, too . . .
[13:00] Marcus Steeplechase: ok, i think we have to be flexible, but at same time ensure that events don't get away from us
[13:00] Kefir Lamont: i agree with Keo
[13:00] Marcus Steeplechase: or a club holds an event that can embarrass us, and use our name
[13:00] Marcus Steeplechase: i'l work on something for next meeting
[13:00] Marcus Steeplechase: if that is agreeable
[13:01] Keokipele Ansar: I agree, that we don't want just anything going on in the name of Second Pride . . .
[13:01] Anden Tolsen: May I add something.
[13:01] Anden Tolsen: Also, on the website there is already a contact us section setup
[13:02] Anden Tolsen: where people can email the SP Committee directly through support@secondpride.com
[13:02] Anden Tolsen: there are different options for the inquirer to select
[13:02] Stryker Jenkins: There was a problem last year with that...
[13:02] Anden Tolsen: ie: I want to host a fundraiser, I want to donate, i want to be involved, etc
[13:03] Stryker Jenkins: the mails send where not always responded upon. Or to late or by the wrong person
[13:03] Marcus Steeplechase: hey -in the interest of time --can i write something, for next meetng. i'l tak to you al beofrehand, send draft.
[13:03] Stryker Jenkins: we need to setup some rules between us to insure that every mail gets a responce
[13:03] Marcus Steeplechase: bad spelling
[13:03] Marcus Steeplechase: but maybe work with strker on this?
[13:04] Marcus Steeplechase: *stryker
[13:04] Marcus Steeplechase: as a draft?
[13:04] Stryker Jenkins: hehe...
[13:04] Stryker Jenkins: sure
[13:04] Anden Tolsen: Agreed
[13:04] Marcus Steeplechase: no objections to puttig this on next agenda?
[13:04] Keokipele Ansar: none here
[13:04] Kefir Lamont: nopes
[13:05] Marcus Steeplechase: ok, let me continue with apointments
[13:05] Marcus Steeplechase: i mentoned Eagle, as co-chair
[13:05] Marcus Steeplechase: that was in fact my first step
[13:05] Marcus Steeplechase: rwe had an events committee meeting, and seven people showed up
[13:06] Marcus Steeplechase: 5 didn't make it, but a good start nonetheless
[13:06] Marcus Steeplechase: included in those people are 2 who are interested in being club contacts
[13:06] Marcus Steeplechase: this will also help with the club events thingie we just discussed
[13:06] Rimpoche Kiama: nods
[13:06] Stryker Jenkins: maybe a good idea to keep Keo in the loop on them as well
[13:07] Marcus Steeplechase: oh yeah, coming to that...
[13:07] Marcus Steeplechase: lol
[13:07] Rimpoche Kiama: hehe
[13:07] Marcus Steeplechase: essentially, i think we need 4 or 5 club contacts
[13:07] Marcus Steeplechase: the 2 i got are gay men
[13:07] Marcus Steeplechase: they were from list of volunteers
[13:07] Rimpoche Kiama: ok
[13:08] Marcus Steeplechase: and once we have that "bundle" caled club contacts..
[13:08] Marcus Steeplechase: they can work as required by any chair
[13:09] Marcus Steeplechase: i would expect mostly events...
[13:09] Marcus Steeplechase: but...
[13:09] Marcus Steeplechase: err...
[13:09] Rimpoche Kiama: lol if I needed a fluffer....
[13:09] Rimpoche Kiama: er, someone to hand out pamphlets...
[13:09] Marcus Steeplechase: ha ha
[13:09] Rimpoche Kiama: I gotya!
[13:09] Rimpoche Kiama: it's a good idea Marcus.
[13:10] Rimpoche Kiama: We used that when I worked with the Red Cross.
[13:10] Rimpoche Kiama: Sort of a volunteer pool.
[13:10] Marcus Steeplechase: it's just thta we always lose part of the cmmunity by not having on-the-street contacts
[13:10] Stryker Jenkins: "group contacts" so to say... to relay info to
[13:10] Marcus Steeplechase: yes
[13:11] Rimpoche Kiama: Would it help if we had other committee member(s) also willing to help out? Lead by example so to speak?
[13:11] Marcus Steeplechase: oh yeah
[13:11] Marcus Steeplechase: i think we all are "contacts" to osme degree
[13:11] Marcus Steeplechase: some
[13:11] Rimpoche Kiama: agreed.
[13:11] Keokipele Ansar: agreed here, also . . . .
[13:12] Kefir Lamont: agreed
[13:12] Marcus Steeplechase: but there is no way we can get to every club group venue
[13:12] Kiroja Fluffy noddles
[13:12] Marcus Steeplechase: so having this "pool" may be helpful
[13:12] Rimpoche Kiama: lol Marcus what about a pub crawl over two weeks? Very Happy
[13:12] Marcus Steeplechase: ha ha
[13:12] Rimpoche Kiama: god help us, but why not?
[13:13] Rimpoche Kiama: go hand out freebies, leave a kiosk, do a gesture, move on?
[13:13] Keokipele Ansar: that sounds like an awesome idea . . .
[13:13] Rimpoche Kiama: lol up here we have these drag/bear invasions yah?
[13:13] Rimpoche Kiama: where we get into a bus n' crash another club.
[13:13] Marcus Steeplechase: sure, the ..ahem..hands-on approach...
[13:13] Anden Tolsen: The Second Pride Tour?
[13:13] Rimpoche Kiama: lololo
[13:13] Keokipele Ansar: bears in drag?????
[13:13] Rimpoche Kiama: bears or drag.
[13:13] Rimpoche Kiama: I'm not that brazen. Very Happy
[13:13] Kiroja Fluffy: to add, I'll be going around various GLBTQWERTY places looking for builders, would be handy to have an info package on every aspect of pride? in case they wanna contribute in other/more ways
[13:13] Marcus Steeplechase: ok, i want to get my part done, for the sake of time
[13:14] Rimpoche Kiama: `*~*`WooT WooT`*~*` Kiroja!
[13:14] Rimpoche Kiama: kk go on Marc. Very Happy
[13:14] Marcus Steeplechase: it was noted that many DJs were abit unhappy last ear

_________________
Anden Tolsen
Secretary (Co Chair), SP 2010
andentolsen@secondpridefestival.com
www.secondpride.com
avatar
Anden Tolsen
SP10 Secretary (Co-Chair)


Back to top Go down

SP10 Committee Meeting Dialogue July 12, 2009 (cont)

Post  Anden Tolsen on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:12 am

[13:14] Marcus Steeplechase: year
[13:15] Marcus Steeplechase: many did not know the process to getting a pride event
[13:15] Kiroja Fluffy: my point exactly
[13:15] Marcus Steeplechase: others saw a few DJs with a ton of hours, while they had none
[13:15] Marcus Steeplechase: the largest DJ organization in SL is caled DJ World
[13:16] Marcus Steeplechase: they have well over 200 DJs
[13:16] Marcus Steeplechase: i sugest we utilize their services --for free-- to set up DJ time slots
[13:16] Marcus Steeplechase: they will gather all the info, including those streams
[13:16] Marcus Steeplechase: they wil also include DJs not menbers of the group
[13:17] Kiroja Fluffy: comment: never heard of that organisation, they're unknown for for instance furry clubs and I assume other similar 'groups'
[13:17] Kefir Lamont: do they also have live preformers?
[13:18] Marcus Steeplechase: they don't right now
[13:18] Marcus Steeplechase: they do have a lot of furries as DJs
[13:18] Marcus Steeplechase: at least what i've seen
[13:19] Kiroja Fluffy: hm, we have 72 DJ's resgitered with our club alone
[13:19] Kiroja Fluffy: none of those are in that group
[13:19] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok at some point we have to come up with a way that people can get on a master list yeh?
[13:19] Kiroja Fluffy: there's way more talent out there, don't limit yourself
[13:19] Rimpoche Kiama: And we have to do this in a way that makes people feel they can access it yes?
[13:19] Marcus Steeplechase: sure, you tel me the DJ lists
[13:20] Marcus Steeplechase: and i'll go
[13:20] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok I'll make this easier.
[13:20] Marcus Steeplechase: but i dont ant a repeat of last year, where one DJ got 16 hours
[13:20] Marcus Steeplechase: another 10 hjours
[13:20] Rimpoche Kiama: I'll use the SP Avatar to create a Second Pride Performers Guild.
[13:20] Marcus Steeplechase: and most none
[13:20] Rimpoche Kiama: We promote the group all year, easy peasy.
[13:20] Stryker Jenkins: Stick with the main group... can make a role in that
[13:21] Rimpoche Kiama: myes we could do that, but I think people would be more ready to adopt in a new group...at any rate....Kiro, Marcus, would you like to discuss this this week n' see what you guys can come up with?
[13:21] Marcus Steeplechase: sure
[13:22] Kiroja Fluffy: I'll help in any way I can
[13:22] Marcus Steeplechase: let's do that Kiro!
[13:22] Rimpoche Kiama: woot. Very Happy
[13:22] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok! Anything else Marc?
[13:22] Marcus Steeplechase: umm..
[13:22] Marcus Steeplechase: not at this point in agenda
[13:22] Marcus Steeplechase: thnaks
[13:22] Rimpoche Kiama: ok! good show...Good work man!
[13:22] Stryker Jenkins: it's only 1:22...
13:23] Rimpoche Kiama: Kefir? You're on kiddo.
[13:23] Kefir Lamont: o.k.
[13:23] Kefir Lamont: i ust got basic points..
[13:23] Kefir Lamont: Would like to introduce Vixus Snowpaw as my Co-Chair for the 2010 Pride Festival. As you read in the voting pool, She comes to us with a lot of experience and it will be a pleasure working along side her. The position has already officially ben offered to her, and she has agreed to work along side me.
[13:24] Kefir Lamont: After Talking with Anden, We thought it best if we created a perminate Second Pride Security Group, Owned by the Second Pride Chair and assigned roles to the Chair, and Co-Chair accordingly. That way we do not need to spend the linden every year to re-create the group, and the Second Pride Avatar can take it over at the end of the year.
[13:25] Stryker Jenkins: cost?
[13:25] Kefir Lamont: 100L
[13:25] Rimpoche Kiama: please keep questions until after the speaker is finished, thank you.
[13:25] Stryker Jenkins: We already have a security groud don't we?
[13:26] Kefir Lamont: Both Myself and Vixus will be sitting downa nd going over all polices for the Second Pride festival. We will be re-writing them, strengtheing them and hoping to vote on the finalized rules the next SP meeting, if any discussion or grey ares do not arise.
[13:26] Kefir Lamont: As of yet, Recruitment has not begun, however we will be more activly recruiting once we create the new group and the sim policies are in place. I will be sending a message to the Old security group to see if any voulinteers from last year wish to help out again.
[13:28] Kefir Lamont: and I just wanted to touch bases again that some of the comittee members were under the impresion that Madison would be a co-chair this year underneath me. Due to some events that took place, Madison has stepped down form all SP events and functions. I Would like to remind everyone that she is not part of the SP committee this year and is not involved with the security team. [13:29] Kefir Lamont: REgarding this, we have had in the past many issues regarding Pesonal Chair information and Pride planning information stray into the wrong hands causing a bit of issues amongst sponcers and voulinters for the festival. I wouldl ike ot ask that all personal informaton which is not to be shared amongst the public be kept to ourselves.
[13:30] Kefir Lamont: and thats it for me.. any Questions? direction we go. Ownership of the group then is consistent and continuous, and officers and abilities can be changed from year to year with the changing of the guard, so to speak, following committee elections.
[13:30] Rimpoche Kiama: *nods*
[13:30] Stryker Jenkins: In answer to that... I think there already is a group (emtpy) prepaird for that pourpuse
[13:31] Kiroja Fluffy agrees with keo on that
[13:31] Kefir Lamont: the benifit of SP avatar owning the group, is they can remove all member,s chairs Ect. We tried using the same group in 2007-2008, yet the old chairs refused ot leave the "owner" assignment.
[13:31] Kefir Lamont: just make it easier.
[13:31] Stryker Jenkins: as are a few other groups without the year in the name... so they can become perminat as well
[13:32] Anden Tolsen: Stryker mentioned there is a group already created..is that owned by the SP av?
[13:32] Kefir Lamont: and then recruiting would be easier, as all members who wish to stay on can do so, and you havea bette rbsis for the year
[13:32] Stryker Jenkins: yes think so
[13:32] Rimpoche Kiama: When I logged in I counted five or so groups.
[13:33] Rimpoche Kiama: Off hand I can't recall the exact names but it'd be nice if everything fit the purposes yes?
[13:33] Stryker Jenkins: well we have 447 L$ in the bank so we can have SP avater create one if needed
[13:33] Rimpoche Kiama: and I'll donate any more if we need it! Smile
[13:34] Stryker Jenkins: lets not get beond ourselfs jsut yet... LOL
[13:34] Kefir Lamont: Second Pride Security should be availibl
[13:34] Rimpoche Kiama: Very Happy
[13:34] Stryker Jenkins: Motion to put group use / creation on the next agenda [13:34] Rimpoche Kiama: seconded
[13:35] Rimpoche Kiama: all in favour?
[13:35] Rimpoche Kiama: flavour?
[13:35] Marcus Steeplechase: y
[13:35] Stryker Jenkins: y
[13:35] Rimpoche Kiama: y
[13:35] Keokipele Ansar: aye
[13:35] Kefir Lamont: y
[13:35] Kiroja Fluffy: aye
[13:35] Rimpoche Kiama: *poke* anden.
[13:35] Rimpoche Kiama: lol
[13:35] Anden Tolsen: Why do we need to put it on the agenda?
[13:35] Anden Tolsen: If the group already exists..
[13:35] Stryker Jenkins: there are some "issues" with the use of different groups we need to discuss
[13:35] Rimpoche Kiama: KI think the motion regards creating new groups to encompass all our needs?
[13:36] Anden Tolsen: got it
[13:36] Anden Tolsen: qye
[13:36] Anden Tolsen: aye
[13:36] Stryker Jenkins: lol
[13:36] Rimpoche Kiama: ok carried.
[13:36] Rimpoche Kiama: Anything else Kefir?
[13:37] Kefir Lamont: nopes
[13:37] Rimpoche Kiama: any more questiosn?
[13:37] Rimpoche Kiama: questiosn?
[13:37] Kefir Lamont: plain staright to the point
[13:37] Rimpoche Kiama: lol oh lard.
[13:37] Rimpoche Kiama: thanks!
[13:38] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok! Kiroja you're up.
[13:38] Kiroja Fluffy: short report, not much been happening yet, lot of enthousiasm from the people I have been speaking to so far tho'.
[13:39] Kiroja Fluffy: would like to introduce Agent Strangelose as my co-chair [13:39] Kiroja Fluffy: Agent Strangelove*
[13:39] Kiroja Fluffy: he will have to be setup with all the info and access needed on the docs n such
[13:40] Rimpoche Kiama: Kiroja is speaking right now...when he's done, I'll bring this up ok?
[13:40] Rimpoche Kiama: You should be here if you want to be.
[13:40] Stryker Jenkins: lol
[13:40] Rimpoche Kiama eeps.
[13:40] Rimpoche Kiama: please disregard!
[13:40] Rimpoche Kiama: contine!
[13:40] Kiroja Fluffy: for the next meeting I'd like to put the vote on the theme on the agenda and encourage you all to give me your ideas if you have any, I'll make a list of options
[13:41] Kiroja Fluffy: for now I would really like to vote on the amount of sims we'll have next year
[13:41] Rimpoche Kiama: ok
[13:41] Kiroja Fluffy: I spoke with stryker last week about this
[13:41] Kiroja Fluffy: basicly there's two options
[13:41] Kiroja Fluffy: 4 sims or 6 sims
[13:42] Kiroja Fluffy: this of course ties in directly with the amount of money needed and the amount of prims to play with and assign to various builders
[13:42] Keokipele Ansar: comment: I will be proposing increased prim alottments to sponsors in the sponsor packages since it was a concern to many if not most of the sponsors and vendors last year . . .
[13:43] Kiroja Fluffy: last pride a lot of prims were left over
[13:43] Kiroja Fluffy: more than 6 would be overkill
[13:43] Keokipele Ansar: so obviously my vote would be for 6, not withstanding the fact that 6 Sims costs more than 4 . . .
[13:44] Keokipele Ansar: I agree, more than 6 would be overkill . . .
[13:44] Keokipele Ansar: but, design and layout will also be a determining factor, no?
[13:44] Stryker Jenkins: I would propose trying for something different this year... for the last few years we had 6 sims
[13:45] Stryker Jenkins: and there was always a lot of "empty" space and the sims feel empty of visitors that way
[13:45] Kiroja Fluffy: design and lay out is directly related to the amount of prims, can't work on it without knowing how many sims there will be, so for me this has high priority to get sorted

_________________
Anden Tolsen
Secretary (Co Chair), SP 2010
andentolsen@secondpridefestival.com
www.secondpride.com
avatar
Anden Tolsen
SP10 Secretary (Co-Chair)


Back to top Go down

SP10 Committee Meeting Dialogue July 12, 2009 (cont)

Post  Anden Tolsen on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:13 am

[13:45] Stryker Jenkins: I would like to try 4 myself
[13:45] Rimpoche Kiama: Kiroja, can I ask a question?
[13:45] Kiroja Fluffy: yes
[13:45] Rimpoche Kiama: As a builder, would you rather have excess prims of have to work with a budget?
[13:46] Rimpoche Kiama: Cart blanche, your dream.
[13:46] Rimpoche Kiama: Best case scenario for you si waht?
[13:46] Rimpoche Kiama: is what?
[13:46] Kiroja Fluffy: the more prims the better
[13:46] Rimpoche Kiama: ok
[13:46] Rimpoche Kiama: let's give him what he needs.
[13:46] Kiroja Fluffy: it'd give more playroom to have more places involved and have their venues
[13:47] Keokipele Ansar: so you are proposing 6 again, Kir?
[13:47] Stryker Jenkins: well look at it this way... we had so many prims in access last year and the year befor that, that we don't need the 2 extra sims. And we don't even need the extra space. On the downside; the build will be much more compact [13:48] Kiroja Fluffy: I would prefer 6 myself, stryker has the oposing voice (not meant as negative), maybe you can elaborate on your suggestion
[13:48] Rimpoche Kiama: One thing I'd like everyone to consider/
[13:48] Rimpoche Kiama: Chair's endulgence? Very Happy
[13:48] Rimpoche Kiama: I would love one open water sim for fireworks.
[13:48] Kefir Lamont: like full water?
[13:48] Rimpoche Kiama: 3 performances a day...people draw to them like you would not believe.
[13:48] Kiroja Fluffy: ties in with my idea of a beach
[13:48] Rimpoche Kiama: Full water, fireworks raft in the middle
[13:48] Rimpoche Kiama: sims around it.
[13:49] Stryker Jenkins: have you seen the fireworks last year?
[13:49] Rimpoche Kiama: watch from outside into the sim.
[13:49] Rimpoche Kiama: ***ok I have a point of order***
[13:49] Rimpoche Kiama: outside of what we're discussing.
[13:50] Rimpoche Kiama: Does anyone object to EagleWoman Lightfoot attending? My understanding was co-chairs could attend if they were silent...was I incorrect? [13:50] Marcus Steeplechase: i asked many times for policy
[13:50] Marcus Steeplechase: grr..
[13:50] Stryker Jenkins: no problem with me
[13:50] Kiroja Fluffy: no objection
[13:51] Keokipele Ansar: I have no objection . . . and it beats having to relay overall conversation or waiting for them to be able to read minutes
[13:51] Rimpoche Kiama: ok let's make the policy now. lmao Attend yes, vote if chair is missing, and silent if they are...yes?
[13:51] Stryker Jenkins: and Eagle is an ambasodor I think
[13:51] Stryker Jenkins: yes
[13:51] Marcus Steeplechase: y
[13:51] Kiroja Fluffy: aye
[13:51] Rimpoche Kiama: are we agreed folks?
[13:51] Keokipele Ansar: aye
[13:51] Anden Tolsen: Yes
[13:51] Rimpoche Kiama: ok
[13:52] Rimpoche Kiama: lol
[13:52] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok. Smile Thank you!
[13:52] EagleWoman Lightfoot: ok, throw tips every9one
[13:52] Marcus Steeplechase: hiya eagle!
[13:52] Stryker Jenkins: Do we need to discuss the amount of sims or shell we vote on it right now?
[13:52] Rimpoche Kiama: Marcus would you advise the co-chair regarding the policy of the commitee? Very Happy thanks! Very Happy
[13:52] Kiroja Fluffy: shush, yer supposed to stay silent D:<
[13:52] Kiroja Fluffy: Razz
[13:52] Rimpoche Kiama: lolol
[13:52] Marcus Steeplechase: sure will
[13:53] EagleWoman Lightfoot: lol
[13:53] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok a motion has been made by Kiroja, yes? For six sims for this years festival. [13:53] Kefir Lamont: i second
[13:53] Kefir Lamont: yes
[13:53] Rimpoche Kiama: Am I correct?
[13:54] Kiroja Fluffy: vote is aye for 6, naye for 4?
[13:54] Anden Tolsen: Yes it was proposed
[13:54] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok I like that.
[13:54] Rimpoche Kiama: If you vote nay, you vote for 4 sims.
[13:54] Rimpoche Kiama: For six, say Aye.
[13:54] Rimpoche Kiama: or Y
[13:54] Rimpoche Kiama: y
[13:54] Keokipele Ansar: aye
[13:54] Marcus Steeplechase: aye
[13:54] Kiroja Fluffy: aye
[13:54] Stryker Jenkins: N
[13:54] Kefir Lamont: aye
[13:54] Anden Tolsen: aye
[13:54] Stryker Jenkins: lol... out voted... oh well
[13:54] Rimpoche Kiama: six yes, one no.
[13:54] Keokipele Ansar: ahhh, democracy at work
[13:55] Rimpoche Kiama: lol
[13:55] Rimpoche Kiama: Now hey! That's not to say we can revisit this if we need to! [13:55] Keokipele Ansar: agreed
[13:55] Stryker Jenkins: NO we shoud stick to this
[13:55] Rimpoche Kiama: Anything else Kiro?
[13:55] Kiroja Fluffy: that's it for now, can start the real planning now :3
[13:56] Rimpoche Kiama: ok!
[13:56] Rimpoche Kiama: Keo the table is yours. Smile
[13:56] Kiroja Fluffy: don't forget vote on theme for next week >.>
[13:56] Keokipele Ansar: thank you . ... .
[13:57] Keokipele Ansar: no co-chair to report on at this time but I am not too concerned about that at this point . . .I'm still waiting to hear from a coupld of enquiries I made
[13:57] Keokipele Ansar: suffice to say, I am actively searching for a L or T co-chair, provided I feel they are well qualified and have the time and energy . . .
[13:57] Keokipele Ansar: Within the coming week, I hope to finalize a Sponsor document to propose to the committee that outlines sponsorship levels, benefit choices and their associated "donations."
[13:58] Keokipele Ansar: This document should still be considered a working draft and it may contain options for us to consider. And thanks to all who have participated in the development of this document up to this point.
[13:58] Keokipele Ansar: Back to our discussions about "groups" .. . .
[13:58] Zack Preminger: (back)
[13:59] EagleWoman Lightfoot: hey Zack
[13:59] Zack Preminger: Hi Eagle
[14:00] Keokipele Ansar: I have looked into both hippoGROUPs and Subscribe-o-matic as a way to develop an ongoing membership base that will alllow us to keep better track of Second Pride "general" membership -- those interested in our efforts and the Festival itself
[14:00] Keokipele Ansar: I have not heard back from hippo Technologies regarding the possibility of a "free" / non-profit status version of hippoGROUPS. However, given my research, my recommendation would be to go with Subscribe-o-matic anyway. It more than adequately suits the needs of the organization in terms of messaging to our membership.
[14:00] Keokipele Ansar: Subscribe-o-Matic has agreed to give us non-profit status with their subscription service. What this means to us:
[14:00] Keokipele Ansar: 1. Unlimited messaging (available on all of their subscriptions).
[14:00] Keokipele Ansar: 2. Unlimited members (up to 500 free subscribers for anyone using the service, unlimited commercial subscription would be L$5,990/month--hippoGROUPs for up to 500 members is L$500/month).
[14:01] Keokipele Ansar: 3. Unlimited No. of kiosks rezzed in world.
[14:01] Keokipele Ansar: 4. Capability to give notecard or object to subscriber when touched (would be a great way to give out general Second Pride Info as well as Sponsor Package info.
[14:01] Keokipele Ansar: Some considerations:
[14:01] Keokipele Ansar: 1. The Second Pride avatar should acquire the subscribe-o-matic package from XStreetSL.
[14:01] Keokipele Ansar: 2. The Second Pride avatar should set up the group and then contact MSo Lambert at Subscribe-o-matic to set the group to non-profit status. [14:02] Keokipele Ansar: 3. Determine which committee members should be added as "operators" to have access to the control panel for sending out subscriber messages. Control panel needs to remain rezzed in world if it is configured to hand out automatically an object or notecard when an avatar subscribes. HQ would be the place to do this, and perhaps moved to Festival SIMs during actual Festival Week. Messages are sent out via the control panel object.
[14:02] Keokipele Ansar: 4. Determine which committee members should be given the account log-in information for access to the account on the web--if any, other than Second Pride avatar and whoever has control of him.
[14:02] Keokipele Ansar: 5. Members of any existing Second Pride group (for example, Second Pride Festival 2009 group) can be migrated to the SOM group profided the founder of the in world group grants permission for doing so through MSo Lambert
[14:03] Keokipele Ansar: (also requires an invitation be given to Synthetik Infinity to the inworld group for access to the membership). A notice should go out to that membership to let them know that we are doing this and that they can unsubscribe by touching a kiosk.
[14:03] Keokipele Ansar: In order to maintain a consistent and ongoing presence with membership from year to year:
[14:03] Keokipele Ansar: 1. I propose that we move forward with the subscribe-o-matic service and create Second Pride Group that will be an ongoing group from this year forward.
[14:03] Keokipele Ansar: *******I'll pause here to give Rim a chance to relog
[14:05] Zack Preminger: And I'll add one thing: There is no need to "create" any group many if not all possible variation of Second Pride / Second Pride Festival / Second Pride Groups... groups already exist
[14:05] Zack Preminger: They're available with SP av as the owner
[14:05] Stryker Jenkins: Yeah... we put it on the next agenda Zack
[14:05] Keokipele Ansar: ahhh, ok . . .
[14:05] Zack Preminger: kk
[14:06] Keokipele Ansar: to that end, though, I propse then that we decide on a single in-world group that the subscribe o matic group takes the name of . . .
[14:07] Keokipele Ansar: and this group is solely for the general membership of Second Pride . . . to maintain a consistent record of members . . .
[14:07] Stryker Jenkins: over the years we used 1 main group and a few others just for communications between teams
[14:07] EagleWoman Lightfoot: what exactly is the subscribeo matic for if we have a festival group people could join? just to save group slots?
[14:08] Keokipele Ansar: yes, to save group slots . . . .
[14:08] Keokipele Ansar: a way to stay in touch with members following a festival when most leave the current year festival group
[14:09] Stryker Jenkins: but the tool would mean we have 2 kioskes to manage... I am not in vavour of that at all
[14:09] EagleWoman Lightfoot: wb Rim
[14:09] Rimpoche Kiama: sorry I kicked my modem ;\
[14:09] Zack Preminger: wb
[14:09] Zack Preminger rises hand for Keo
[14:09] Zack Preminger: raises*
[14:09] Keokipele Ansar: yes
[14:09] Kiroja Fluffy: wb rim

_________________
Anden Tolsen
Secretary (Co Chair), SP 2010
andentolsen@secondpridefestival.com
www.secondpride.com
avatar
Anden Tolsen
SP10 Secretary (Co-Chair)


Back to top Go down

SP10 Committee Meeting Dialogue July 12, 2009 (cont)

Post  Anden Tolsen on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:14 am

[14:09] Rimpoche Kiama: t/y t/y
[14:10] Stryker Jenkins: and a simple group joiner in the donation and info kioks we have would do just fine if you ask me.
[14:10] Zack Preminger: When you said people leave the current year group.. I hope you don't plan to (again) create a 2010 group
[14:10] Zack Preminger: like you said now it should be a group that will stay [14:10] Zack Preminger: this was a mistake we did in the past
[14:10] Rimpoche Kiama: That's actually up for discussion next meeting: formation of permanent user groups.
[14:10] Keokipele Ansar: that's what I'm trying to avoid, creating groups each year . . . membership would have the option not to join the in world group if they didn't have a group slot open . ..
[14:11] Zack Preminger: ok
[14:11] Keokipele Ansar: and we don't loose potential involvement as a result of that
[14:11] Keokipele Ansar: and maintain a way to keep in touch throughout the year . . .
[14:11] EagleWoman Lightfoot: permanent groups would work as long as there is no year on the group name and have to have groups for what goes on
[14:12] Keokipele Ansar: I agree, the biggest thing is to establich permanent groups . . .
[14:12] Keokipele Ansar: *establish
[14:13] Keokipele Ansar: so the question is, do we loose out on a significant number of the community who don't happen to have a group slot open?
[14:13] EagleWoman Lightfoot: I know I make room for a groups I want to be in [14:13] EagleWoman Lightfoot shrugs
[14:14] Keokipele Ansar: oh, I do to, but even doing that, I am often full up . . . [14:14] Kiroja Fluffy: I'm sure we would, most builders I know at least have that problem, groups are often needed for rights on land
[14:14] Rimpoche Kiama: Something else to consider.....how much value do we need to place in word of mouth? You now how many events/things I've found from word of mouth?
[14:14] Keokipele Ansar: not saying that it is something we must do,
[14:14] Keokipele Ansar: yes, and Sponsors, for example, would have to be a member of an in world group to be given rez rights
[14:14] Keokipele Ansar: if they have a shop on Festival Sims
[14:15] EagleWoman Lightfoot: there has to be a group, at least one, for the things that must be done, land rights, etc
[14:15] Kiroja Fluffy nods "I myself only got in the group last minute because I had no slots free"
[14:15] Rimpoche Kiama: That's the good stuff we'll work on next meeting...I've held off on group creations because of this discussion.
[14:15] Marcus Steeplechase: great
[14:15] Rimpoche Kiama: Agreed to open this to broader discussion next time? Smile [14:15] Rimpoche Kiama: and forums e-mails of course!
[14:15] Marcus Steeplechase: aye
[14:15] Kiroja Fluffy nods
[14:15] Keokipele Ansar: agreed . . .
[14:15] Keokipele Ansar: aye
[14:15] Stryker Jenkins: groups are not the issue here... haveing 2 kinds of kioskes is.
[14:15] Zack Preminger: ... may I comment (again)
[14:15] Zack Preminger: ?
[14:15] Kiroja Fluffy: wb kef
[14:15] EagleWoman Lightfoot: wb Kef
[14:16] Rimpoche Kiama: Actually I think we need to move things along here so if it's quick?
[14:16] Zack Preminger: Just please for the record take into account, and I have said it before, that there is already a good amount of existing group names that ARE created and held only by the Second Pride avatar, no further creation should be needed, only selecting from that existing list in the avatar's profile's group list [14:17] Zack Preminger: I can't access the account so can't give you the list but you can
[14:17] Stryker Jenkins: groups realy are not the issue...
[14:17] Keokipele Ansar: personally, I was not aware of the groups, so I will make it a point to investigate the groups available to us in anticipation of the discussion next week
[14:18] Keokipele Ansar: I'm hearing you stryker, and it is a valid point
[14:18] Zack Preminger: I'm just saying this as a reminder
[14:18] Rimpoche Kiama: good show!
[14:18] Kefir Lamont: ((crahed..))
[14:18] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok any more questions?
[14:18] Keokipele Ansar: but I think it's equally valid to make our information as available to as many in the community as we can
[14:18] Rimpoche Kiama: And on that note Keo.....which I think is the key here... [14:19] Keokipele Ansar: on as consistent a basis as we can . .
[14:19] Stryker Jenkins: sure there are more than one way to make a mailing list [14:19] Rimpoche Kiama: I need to bring up two points....we have no media chair! [14:19] EagleWoman Lightfoot: what happened to Leland?
[14:19] Rimpoche Kiama: And I also have invited someone to present on an issue I think is beneficial to all of us.
[14:19] Rimpoche Kiama: Leland resigned because of personal issues outside of SL. [14:19] EagleWoman Lightfoot: awww
[14:19] Marcus Steeplechase raises hand
[14:20] Rimpoche Kiama: Marcus!
[14:20] Marcus Steeplechase: as long as we can cover al the agenda items listed, i'm fine with an outside presentation
[14:20] Marcus Steeplechase: but it means speed
[14:21] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok I have to leave for work in 20 minutes....it's a five minute presentaion, but in fairness I don't think we'd be able to cover everyone else. [14:21] Rimpoche Kiama: Should we table everything besides the election of a new media chair?
[14:22] Stryker Jenkins: all we need to do is to decide how to get a replacement right?
[14:22] Marcus Steeplechase: is there a meeting next sunday?
[14:22] Rimpoche Kiama: blarg would this be the time I throw out donuts? Very Happy [14:22] EagleWoman Lightfoot wants a donut
[14:22] Rimpoche Kiama: We'd planned one the following sunday, the 26th...but we can!
[14:22] Rimpoche Kiama: What's the consensus regarding meeting times first? Next week, or the week following?
[14:23] Marcus Steeplechase: well, since i put august event on agenda, i'm guarnateed that won't hapen if we delay more than a week
[14:23] EagleWoman Lightfoot: will this be the typical time for the meetings? [14:23] Stryker Jenkins: a.s.a.p. I would say
[14:23] Keokipele Ansar: I have no problem with a weekly meeting
[14:23] Anden Tolsen: I think we should meet next sunday
[14:23] Marcus Steeplechase: i agree with stryker, asap
[14:23] Anden Tolsen: maybe at an earlier time?
[14:23] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok next sunday. 11:00 am?
[14:23] Rimpoche Kiama: (sets my alarm clock)
[14:23] Stryker Jenkins: y
[14:23] Marcus Steeplechase: the parade also needs discussion
[14:23] Zack Preminger: I have already exposed my opinion about new media chair. and asap would be possible tonight
[14:23] Marcus Steeplechase: oy
[14:24] Kefir Lamont: only isu with that is I work sundays and will not be her euntil 12pm if i am lucky
[14:24] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok.
[14:24] Zack Preminger: an election will slow you down and will require planning [14:24] EagleWoman Lightfoot: chairs have to be elected
[14:24] Rimpoche Kiama: If I might endulge the floor?
[14:24] Rimpoche Kiama: please?
[14:24] Rimpoche Kiama: I have a problem with appointing this position for two reasons.
[14:25] Rimpoche Kiama: Firstly it goes against everything everyone has been working to avoid portraying.
[14:25] Stryker Jenkins: well do we need the marketing manager this week or can that wait until we confirmed the nitty gritty stuff?
[14:25] Rimpoche Kiama: We've been trying to show this group is open and fair...if we appoint the position, we ourselves in the face.
[14:25] Zack Preminger: If I may I've been working on elections
[14:25] Zack Preminger: and I disagree with your two points
[14:25] Rimpoche Kiama: May I finish please?
[14:25] Zack Preminger: go ahead
[14:25] Rimpoche Kiama: Secondly, this position is going to be CORNER STONE. [14:26] Rimpoche Kiama: Let me repeat that.
[14:26] Rimpoche Kiama: Corner STONE.
[14:26] Rimpoche Kiama: And I'm not convinced that appointing this position will give the best opportunity for the best talent to be showcased.
[14:26] Rimpoche Kiama: We need the best possible choice here. myes it's going to take time. But I'm nto willing to cut corners here!
[14:26] Rimpoche Kiama: Is anyone?
[14:27] EagleWoman Lightfoot: I would agree with that
[14:27] Rimpoche Kiama: I mean, what do you guys think?
[14:27] Zack Preminger: Can I respond to that?
[14:27] Keokipele Ansar: I agree that it's an important position . ..
[14:27] Anden Tolsen: I agree that we shouldnt appoint someone based on the fact they were the runner up in an election they didnt even get half of the votes
[14:27] EagleWoman Lightfoot: this is an elected position
[14:27] Rimpoche Kiama: K stop.
[14:27] Rimpoche Kiama: lol
[14:28] Keokipele Ansar: but I also think that we need to go public with applications, then, and not only rely on committee nominations . . .
[14:28] Rimpoche Kiama: I want each chair to comment uninterrupted starting with Stryker.
[14:28] Rimpoche Kiama: when you're done, say thank you ok?
[14:28] Stryker Jenkins: I think the election of a replacement for Leland can wait a few weeks.
[14:28] Stryker Jenkins: done
[14:29] Rimpoche Kiama: Thank you.
[14:29] Rimpoche Kiama: Marucsw.
[14:29] Rimpoche Kiama: Marcus even.
[14:29] Marcus Steeplechase: I think it needs to hapen soner, but an electon is mandated.
[14:29] Marcus Steeplechase: done
[14:29] Rimpoche Kiama: Thank you.
[14:29] Rimpoche Kiama: Kefir.
[14:30] Kefir Lamont: yes?
[14:30] Rimpoche Kiama: any thoughts?
[14:30] Rimpoche Kiama: lolol
[14:30] Rimpoche Kiama **!!Passes the flower out!!**
[14:30] EagleWoman Lightfoot: LOL
[14:30] Kefir Lamont: well it is an important position, and there is pro's and con's to each side, either appointing or electing.
[14:31] Kefir Lamont: i am divided
[14:31] Rimpoche Kiama: duct tape to chair 3.
[14:31] Stryker Jenkins grabs some tape and string
[14:31] Rimpoche Kiama: XD
[14:31] EagleWoman Lightfoot: hehehe
[14:32] Rimpoche Kiama: ok so....basicly you're not sure one way or the other? [14:32] Kefir Lamont: yes
[14:32] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok brilliant. Think about it this week ok?
[14:32] Rimpoche Kiama: Give it some serious consideration.

_________________
Anden Tolsen
Secretary (Co Chair), SP 2010
andentolsen@secondpridefestival.com
www.secondpride.com
avatar
Anden Tolsen
SP10 Secretary (Co-Chair)


Back to top Go down

SP10 Committee Meeting Dialogue July 12, 2009 (cont)

Post  Anden Tolsen on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:15 am

[14:32] Kefir Lamont: o.k
[14:32] Rimpoche Kiama: Kiroja?
[14:33] Kiroja Fluffy: I don't think it's paramount to have a new chair right this minute, with a new election our stand point on the openess of the committee can be more established
[14:34] Kiroja Fluffy: think we can do that, provided it's within a months time [14:34] Kiroja Fluffy: thank you
[14:34] Rimpoche Kiama: Grampa Keo? Very Happy
[14:34] Rimpoche Kiama: What say you?
[14:34] Kiroja Fluffy: "my hip"?
[14:34] Rimpoche Kiama: you hip. lmao
[14:35] Keokipele Ansar: hahaha, I am in agreement Kir . .. . but will also add that we cannot do it only through committee nomination but must make the effort of a public call for applications to avoid any appearance of impropriety or favoritism . . . done [14:35] Rimpoche Kiama: well said.
[14:35] Rimpoche Kiama: thanks!
[14:35] Rimpoche Kiama: And...Andy.
[14:35] Rimpoche Kiama: ?
[14:35] Anden Tolsen: I think we need to hold a special elections and make it public. All who are interested in running may enter. But we need to start this election process immediately
[14:35] Anden Tolsen: Thank you
[14:36] Rimpoche Kiama: Agreed.
[14:36] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok. The chair proposes the following:
[14:36] Rimpoche Kiama: proceedures for the eletion of the media chair will begin immediately;
[14:36] Rimpoche Kiama: until such time as a voted chair is determined, this committee will act as media rep itself.
[14:37] Rimpoche Kiama: elecionts being fair and open to public nomination and vote.
[14:37] Rimpoche Kiama: elections even.
[14:37] Rimpoche Kiama: doh.
[14:38] Rimpoche Kiama: ......will someone second the motion?
[14:38] Anden Tolsen: I second
[14:38] Zack Preminger feels muted
[14:38] Rimpoche Kiama: lol thanks. Smile You know guys! You don't have to second! [14:38] Keokipele Ansar: I wasn't sure you were finished . . .
[14:39] Keokipele Ansar: and I think Zack would like to comment further . . .
[14:39] Rimpoche Kiama: does the committee have a problem with zack speaking? [14:39] Rimpoche Kiama: I'm kool.
[14:39] Kefir Lamont: nope
[14:39] Zack Preminger: oh c'mon
[14:39] Zack Preminger: you asked me to be here
[14:39] Keokipele Ansar: no . . .
[14:39] EagleWoman Lightfoot: nope, not at all
[14:40] Keokipele Ansar: no objection
[14:40] Zack Preminger: I'm trying to help you guys... I don't tihnk you have considered all the options to just start immediatly yet...
[14:40] Rimpoche Kiama: okay let's hold the vote, zack you're on.
[14:40] Zack Preminger: public nomination and vote
[14:40] Zack Preminger: how about rezzing a contest board here?
[14:40] Zack Preminger: you can't just let anyone vote
[14:40] Zack Preminger: it becomes a popularity contest
[14:40] Zack Preminger: with people sending tp's
[14:40] Zack Preminger: and you need to think this more
[14:41] Zack Preminger: for the rest I agree with Kiro
[14:41] Rimpoche Kiama: K is it generally assumed by everyone here that the vote woudl be conducted in the same way our electoral vote was taken?
[14:41] Zack Preminger: it should take some time 3 weeks to 1 month
[14:41] Zack Preminger: and that's no small time to be without a media chair [14:41] Zack Preminger: but if you wish to go like that it's your choice
[14:41] Keokipele Ansar: I'm not sure that we were agreeing to completely public vote . . . but minimum, anyone who was registered to vote in the 2010 election should be a valid voter for filliing this vacancy . . .
[14:42] EagleWoman Lightfoot: that was my assumption
[14:42] Keokipele Ansar: but the call for applications certainly has to be as public as it was for the election of this committee
[14:42] Anden Tolsen: Correct..when I said go public it was referring to the already registered voters [14:42] Rimpoche Kiama: as was mine.
[14:42] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok are we all clear? Everyone?
[14:42] Zack Preminger: The group doesn't exist anymore
[14:42] Rimpoche Kiama: By public we're refering to members in good standing. [14:42] Zack Preminger: the voters group
[14:43] Rimpoche Kiama: the 09 group still exists....would that not be an acceptable means?
[14:43] Anden Tolsen: As stated in the charter as long as we give ample time to the members to register to vote we can create another "voting group"
[14:43] Kiroja Fluffy: there is no record of who was eligible to vote on chairs in the last election?
[14:43] Zack Preminger: it's not for me to say... I just wish you to obtain what you are looking for by asking so many people's opinion
[14:44] EagleWoman Lightfoot: is it safe to assume that those who registered to vote the last round are still registered?
[14:44] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok can have I have three volunteers to handle this? [14:44] EagleWoman Lightfoot: pluus ambassadors?
[14:44] Zack Preminger: no Keo
[14:45] Zack Preminger: the list was deleted after the elections
[14:45] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok.
[14:45] Kiroja Fluffy: kiro...he's keo
[14:45] EagleWoman Lightfoot: hehe
[14:45] Zack Preminger: I mean kiro
[14:45] Zack Preminger: sorry
[14:45] Rimpoche Kiama: LOL
[14:45] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok next week, name tags.
[14:45] Rimpoche Kiama: So we have a vote here...let's modify slightly.
[14:46] Anden Tolsen: Volunteers to lead the elections?
[14:46] Keokipele Ansar: I can work on it
[14:46] Rimpoche Kiama: This committee will act as the media commitee until a chair is elected to take over the position.
[14:46] Rimpoche Kiama: seconded?
[14:46] Keokipele Ansar: secon
[14:46] Rimpoche Kiama: ok
[14:46] Keokipele Ansar: *d
[14:46] Stryker Jenkins: y
[14:46] Rimpoche Kiama: all in favor, y or aye. all opposed nay or n
[14:46] Rimpoche Kiama: y
[14:46] Keokipele Ansar: aye
[14:46] Marcus Steeplechase: aye
[14:46] Anden Tolsen: aye
[14:46] Kiroja Fluffy: aye
[14:47] Rimpoche Kiama: and thats' group concience at work people. Very Happy
[14:47] Rimpoche Kiama: Ok we have one volunteer to set up elections.
[14:47] Marcus Steeplechase raises hand
[14:47] Rimpoche Kiama: Marcus?
[14:47] Anden Tolsen: I will assist
[14:47] Anden Tolsen: you Keo
[14:47] Marcus Steeplechase: one coment..
[14:47] Marcus Steeplechase: i hope we don't hear too much.."but we can't do this without a marketing chair"
[14:47] Marcus Steeplechase: let's use that one judiciously
[14:48] Rimpoche Kiama: Agreed.
[14:48] Rimpoche Kiama: And let's not underestimate ourselves or our community either..jaja? Very Happy
[14:48] EagleWoman Lightfoot: hehe
[14:48] Rimpoche Kiama: Remember marcus, we got people to scare. :O)
[14:49] Marcus Steeplechase has new evil clown costume in inventory
[14:49] Rimpoche Kiama: HA! :xd
[14:49] EagleWoman Lightfoot: O.o
[14:49] EagleWoman Lightfoot: Aah!
[14:49] Keokipele Ansar: so the dilemma now is also a voter registration process . . . [14:49] Rimpoche Kiama: OK...Zack would you be willing to work with Anden and Keo on this?
[14:49] Rimpoche Kiama: They could use you experience in this for sure.
[14:49] Anden Tolsen: Keo, lets review the charter
[14:50] Anden Tolsen: I believe it has instructions
[14:50] Keokipele Ansar: Zack is opening up the online application for committee chairs on the site right now
[14:50] Anden Tolsen: no how to go about
[14:50] Anden Tolsen: it
[14:50] Keokipele Ansar: yes,
[14:50] Keokipele Ansar: Anden . . .
[14:50] Rimpoche Kiama: and on that note my r/l work calls....
[14:50] Rimpoche Kiama: I have to retire here folks...I leave this in yoru capable hands. Smile
[14:50] EagleWoman Lightfoot: have a good one Rim
[14:50] Rimpoche Kiama: Peace everyone! Good work today!
[14:50] Zack Preminger: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dc5njm4p_4d4sb22f5 [14:51] Zack Preminger: This is the link to give and it's on the website front page too
[14:51] Anden Tolsen: Ok great
[14:51] Keokipele Ansar: got it, thank you Zack . ..
[14:51] Anden Tolsen: I move that we table all unfinished business to next week and adjourn?
[14:51] Keokipele Ansar: second
[14:51] Marcus Steeplechase: n
[14:51] Stryker Jenkins: time next week? seeing as some peole seem to be at work at 11
[14:52] Anden Tolsen: Does 12pm work for everyone?
[14:52] Stryker Jenkins: yes
[14:52] Anden Tolsen: would you like to do earlier or later?
[14:52] Keokipele Ansar: works for me
[14:52] EagleWoman Lightfoot: SLT?
[14:52] Anden Tolsen: SLT
[14:53] Anden Tolsen: Next Meeting Sunday July 19 12pm SLT
[14:53] Kiroja Fluffy: with the disclaimer I have a weekly meeting planned at 2pm on sundays, it was cancelled for this week, but normally I would have had to take my leave an hour ago
[14:53] Marcus Steeplechase: and the agenda order, i presume, begins with those items that are committee that we did not get to this time around/
[14:53] Anden Tolsen: Correct
[14:54] Anden Tolsen: we will commence with unfinished business
[14:54] Anden Tolsen: before going to new business
[14:54] Stryker Jenkins: yeah... no need to do a report round then
[14:54] Anden Tolsen: unless the committee objects?
[14:54] Keokipele Ansar: no objection
[14:54] Stryker Jenkins: none
[14:54] Anden Tolsen: ok great. I will have the minutes posted by midnight
[14:55] Stryker Jenkins: you got 6 minuts
[14:55] Stryker Jenkins: hi hi hi
[14:55] Anden Tolsen: lol
[14:55] Anden Tolsen: midnight SLT
[14:55] Anden Tolsen: lol
[14:55] Stryker Jenkins: darn
[14:55] Anden Tolsen: I move that we adjourn

_________________
Anden Tolsen
Secretary (Co Chair), SP 2010
andentolsen@secondpridefestival.com
www.secondpride.com
avatar
Anden Tolsen
SP10 Secretary (Co-Chair)


Back to top Go down

SP10 Committee Meeting Dialogue July 12, 2009 (cont)

Post  Anden Tolsen on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:16 am

[14:55] Stryker Jenkins: we move...
[14:55] Kiroja Fluffy: I would like to put to vote that Anden looses his tie for next weeks meeting Razz
[14:55] Anden Tolsen: awww
[14:55] Anden Tolsen: i like my tie
[14:55] EagleWoman Lightfoot: LOL
[14:55] Marcus Steeplechase: lol
[14:55] Stryker Jenkins brings his clippers
[14:56] Anden Tolsen: Sad
[14:56] Stryker Jenkins: casual sundays
[14:56] Anden Tolsen: ok got it
[14:56] Anden Tolsen: I will dress casual Sad
[14:56] Keokipele Ansar: in the interest of tolerance and diversity . ... Anden can dress any way he likes Smile)
[14:56] Anden Tolsen: thanks Keo Smile
[14:56] Marcus Steeplechase: ok thanks all!
[14:56] Anden Tolsen: We will see you all next week
[14:57] Kefir Lamont: o..
[14:57] Kefir Lamont: o.k.
[14:57] Marcus Steeplechase: same time same place
[14:57] Kiroja Fluffy: same channel
[14:57] Kefir Lamont: i may be late.. but will prepaire notes Razz
[14:57] EagleWoman Lightfoot: same bat channel
[14:57] Marcus Steeplechase: LOL
[14:57] Keokipele Ansar: Anden . . . I'll look over the charter . . . let me know when you want to meet . . . my sched. is pretty open
[14:58] Keokipele Ansar: and flexible
[14:58] Anden Tolsen: ok great
[14:58] EagleWoman Lightfoot: have a good rest of the day all.....nice to see you Zack
[14:58] Anden Tolsen: Ill IM you shourtly
[14:58] Anden Tolsen: Thanks all
[14:58] Keokipele Ansar: kk
[14:58] Kiroja Fluffy: see ya next week

_________________
Anden Tolsen
Secretary (Co Chair), SP 2010
andentolsen@secondpridefestival.com
www.secondpride.com
avatar
Anden Tolsen
SP10 Secretary (Co-Chair)


Back to top Go down

Re: SP10 Committee Meeting Minutes July 12, 2009

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum